View Full Version : Remote Activesync Fun...

dr_doak
04-17-2003, 08:41 PM
After much trial and error, I have managed to synchronize remotely (many thanks to Ed Hansberry for his article).

Now I have one more hurdle that I cannot figure out: at work I share my computer. We both have Axims and both have Outlook accounts for use with hotsync. The problem is that when we do a USB sync we have to select which outlook account to sync with. Over remote connections, it seems to give up without asking (not that I would be there to select which use anyway) and declare everything but Favorites to have unresolved problems.

So... Is there someway to make activesync or outlook automatically associate a Handheld's name with an Outlook account? Or is there some other work around?

Evee Ev
04-19-2003, 10:52 PM
dr.,

congrats on the remote activesync. what article are you referencing from ed?

smbruce
04-20-2003, 05:39 PM
After much trial and error, I have managed to synchronize remotely (many thanks to Ed Hansberry for his article).

dr_doak

Can I ask too - which article of Ed's are you referring to please?

I've tried searching without success.

Thanks.

Steve :?

davidspalding
04-20-2003, 05:48 PM
Now I have one more hurdle that I cannot figure out: at work I share my computer. We both have Axims and both have Outlook accounts for use with hotsync. The problem is that when we do a USB sync we have to select which outlook account to sync with. Over remote connections, it seems to give up without asking (not that I would be there to select which use anyway) and declare everything but Favorites to have unresolved problems.

So... Is there someway to make activesync or outlook automatically associate a Handheld's name with an Outlook account? Or is there some other work around?
Sounds like you're both logging in as the same person, and using separate OUtlook profiles? Is that correct?

I'm disappointed, but not surprised (!), that AS seems to not have that stored anyway ... but I think I've seen in my battles with AS that it stores PDA sync data on a per-user basis, not per-device basis. Lame.

If you are/were using Windows 2000, XP, and maybe (i'm guessing) Windows 98, if you logged in as separate users ActiveStink should be able to differentiate the device name and which profile it syncs with. Is that an option at work?

Janak Parekh
04-20-2003, 07:29 PM
He's probably referring to this article (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,3607).

You can see all our articles by hitting the "ARTICLES" link on the left of the frontpage.

--janak