View Full Version : New e755

the-mang
04-17-2003, 12:36 PM
I just got my e755 which I love....however, when I squeeze it from the sides (lightly from just holding it) I notice that on the right side the black plastic that lines the side moves in and out. The left side doesn't do this. It appears loose. Is this normal? I wonder if they all have this issue. Everything else seems fine....any thoughts?

lombard0
04-20-2003, 01:41 PM
If I squeeze my e750 there's a slight creaking noise from the tolerance in the plastic. Looking at the black plastic side I can't detect any movment, but that is where the noise is coming from. I am pressing the plastic deliberately and firmly..

If you can see movement then my guess is either something didn't go together properly or you got a warped piece of plastic.

Wazza
04-21-2003, 06:54 AM
same here, apart from slight squeaks, no movement, no major movements... nothing.

Looks fine to me.

the-mang
04-25-2003, 01:32 PM
Well, just an update.....

After speaking with tech support they told me the movement wasn't normal. I then proceeded to exchange the e755. Long story short, I had to get 8 units before I got one that didn't have a major problem. The problems that I had were: dead pixels, bad buttons, enum error or defects on the screen/casing. I finally got one that seems ok, but the power button is crooked and the white lights at the bottom of the screen are super bright. I think I am going to keep this one, but I have to say there is absolutely NO QUALITY CONTROL on these devices and it really ticks me off. We pay a lot of money for these things and to have this many problems is terrible.

Maybe I should give this unit the shaft and buy something else....

VisualMonster
04-26-2003, 04:25 PM
That's weird that you had all those problems. Both my friend and I recently bought e755's, and they havent had a single problem. We got an awesome deal on them too, $599 - $200 mail in rebate... from Circuit City (i dont think the rebate is still going on).

Atleast you were able to get it taken care of, still seems really wierd though.