View Full Version : [b]PDA placebo effect[/b]

ticklz
04-17-2003, 09:34 AM
I have a confession to make.

I have a new psychological condition that prior to the copious amounts of i700 drooling taking place on pcthoughts and pcpassion etc. NEVER existed!

I have officially labelled it the "PDA Placebo Effect"

The victim of the condition and the symptoms are characterised as thus:

"Early PDA adopter who, based on hearsay, having never seen, touched or experienced the yet to be released PDA first hand, is deceived, by themself and other like minded early adopters, into thinking that they have in fact used the machine and in extreme cases actually think they own the PDA period, when in reality they have not seen, touched or experienced the yet to be relased PDA at all".

The remedy:

"Ownership of the yet to be released PDA will immediately resolve the victim of any internal suffering, humiliation and other self induced PDA disorientations".

Warning:

"Temporary use will exacerbate condition and lead to PDA psychosis".

Ticklz

WyattEarp
04-17-2003, 11:26 AM
If said PDA never comes into existance or is unattainable do the symptoms become fatal?
Just curious. It may need to be added to the next update of EMT protocals. :D

Janak Parekh
04-17-2003, 01:47 PM
Heh. I debate that it never existed before -- I've had similar effects for the original Qualcomm pdQ smartphone and for the iPaq 3650. I ended up getting both of them. ;)

Oh, and I wouldn't mind getting a i700 either. :D

--janak

yodacai
04-18-2003, 09:09 AM
If said PDA never comes into existance or is unattainable do the symptoms become fatal?
Just curious. It may need to be added to the next update of EMT protocals. :D

Seems like a psychological disorder... should probably add it to the next revision of the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders).

Do you have severe anxiety until the PDA is attained? :wink:

ticklz
04-18-2003, 02:43 PM
You picked it one my PDA Yoda chum. :beer:

It's starting to affect my sex life because I have a photo next to my bed and my girlfriend says that I'm more interested in the Samsung's specs than I am in hers. I said "babe if you promise to do all the things that this thing does then I'd stick your photo up next to my bed as well!". :2gunfire:

Well I'm looking forward to sharing the experience of owning an i700 with other switched on dudes and dudettes that visit this site.

Has anyone put the word yet on Jason to start a dedictaed i700 string under the Hardware Discussion.

If not, then all I want to say is what's happen Jason, pull your finger out of your CF Slot :deal: and lets get rollin. :multi:

yodacai
04-18-2003, 09:03 PM
You picked it one my PDA Yoda chum. :beer:

It's starting to affect my sex life because I have a photo next to my bed and my girlfriend says that I'm more interested in the Samsung's specs than I am in hers. I said "babe if you promise to do all the things that this thing does then I'd stick your photo up next to my bed as well!". :2gunfire:

If not, then all I want to say is what's happen Jason, pull your finger out of your CF Slot :deal: and lets get rollin. :multi:

This is hilarious... thanks for the laugh! :lol: