View Full Version : CF-card will not work: PPC Error code 0 :-(

frold
04-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Hey

For some reason my CF 128 mb Apacer card will not work any longer:

After a friend of mine used the CF card in his IBM laptop computer, with a CF card reader, my Casio e-200 will not recognize the CF card.

After each soft reset the pda asks if I want to format the card and if I answer yes I and try to format the CF card I get a CF card warning "an error occurred while formating the cf crad fold (error code 0)" - what does that mean?

Therefore I have tried to format the cf card with my fathers digital camera, but it will not format the card either :-(
I also tried to format the cf card when it was in my fathers cf card reader and the format procedure starts, but win2k will not alow it to complete - an error message occured :-(

The next step was to format the card with:

Storagetools - newest version
FlashFormat - newest version

Here, it is possible to format the card, and after that I can I copy/paste eg. a gif-file to the card. But I cannot install programs on it. And again after each soft reset the pda asks if I want to format the card.
If I answer NO ('cause I have already formated it with storage tool or flashformat) and then browse to the CF card, all data on the CF card is hidden, but when I look in settings>memory I can see that there the same amount of space analogous to the sum of bits I have copy/pasted to the card is used.

My question: How do I fix my cf card, if itīs at all possible?

Jason Dunn
04-19-2003, 04:20 PM
(I moved this post from the Palm forum because it didn't seem to have anything to do with Palm)

Is the card still under warranty? If so, contact the company and get a replacement - it sounds like, somehow, the card was damaged by that IBM laptop. You've tried everything I would, and it's still not working.

frold
04-20-2003, 09:58 AM
But is it a common problem with cf cards?

DrtyBlvd
04-20-2003, 11:08 AM
A thought - One thing you haven't mentioned is whether the IBM formatted the card?

One presumes that has something to do with it, perhaps trying it again on the IBM and seeing if another format repairs the problem?