View Full Version : Help!!! USB doesn't work IRQ CODE 29 ERROR!!!!!

SteelForceX
04-15-2003, 11:29 PM
I have a Pentium 2 computer, Windows 98, that has USB ports, only problem is they dont work. My goal is to get them working before Easter before I go back from my trip to my P4 2.0 Ghz.

When I go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>System>Device Manager
It shows for the USB device "Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller" with the Yellow circle Exclimation point.

Then when I go to properties it says under device status "This device is disabled because the BIOS for the device did not give it an IRQ (Interrupt Request). (Code 29.) You must enable the device in the BIOS. See your hardwar documentation for details,or contact your computer manufacturer to get an updated BIOS."

Ok - lemme contact them! CANT FIND THEM ONLINE AND THE COMPUTER IS SUPER OLD AND I DONT EVEN HAVE THE DOCUMENTATION!!!

The sticker on the computer says "Impact Media Group, INC Serial #AS10002" cant find them on the internet.

Now, how do I get to the BIOS and change whatever I have to change?
Please give me simple instructions because I am new to this type of stuff.

Thank You

SteelForceX
04-16-2003, 11:14 PM
Thank you all for responding so quickly LOL! Please though, does anyone know how to fix this?

Janak Parekh
04-16-2003, 11:54 PM
Hmm, this is not necessarily "simple"...

Having said that, chances are, in the BIOS there's a setting on the order of "Assign IRQ to USB ports". You need to go into the BIOS (look at bootup for the key sequence needed -- normally DEL, F2 or some variant thereof), and look in either Advanced or Peripheral options. Once you find it, you must make sure it's Enabled.

--janak

SteelForceX
04-17-2003, 06:40 AM
How do i get into BIOS?

Steven Cedrone
04-17-2003, 01:21 PM
Reboot machine, when it first starts up, you should see it say something like: Hit DEL (or F1, F2...) to enter bios (or setup)...

Steve

SteelForceX
04-17-2003, 08:55 PM
Where could i find the IRQ settings? for usb?

SteelForceX
04-25-2003, 03:24 PM
even though its after easter - please help me out!

Janak Parekh
04-25-2003, 03:26 PM
Since we don't know which computer it is, it's not easy to say exactly where the settings are. Like I implied, in my previous post -- it's probably under an Advanced or Peripherals menu. Maybe even a PCI setup menu.

--janak

SteelForceX
04-25-2003, 10:09 PM
it is an Ipact Media group, pentium 2 computer

next time i go down i will write all the lists in the bios area