View Full Version : Review: Veo CF Camera Card for Pocket PC

bargainPDA
04-15-2003, 11:10 PM
The Veo camera card is a standard CompactFlash Type 2 card, compatible with PocketPC 2000 and 2002 handhelds equipped with the proper slot, including the Toshiba, sleeved iPaq, and Axim lines. Sorry, Jornada 560 series owners, but with only a CF Type 1 slot, the Veo won't work for you. Included in the blister pack is the Veo itself, installation CD and manual, and a carrying case. An SDIO version is also available for Palm OS.

I had a heck of a time figuring out how to put in the camera card. I expected to put it in the Axim with the lens facing out from the back, the natural way for a camera attachment, but the markings on the card interface indicated the exact opposite. It turns out that the lens by default points in toward the user. It's not a 180 degree swivel lens, either. The Veo, via a diagonal twist mechanism, supports only two orientations--pointing out from the front, toward the user, or up, a few degrees back from the plane of the CF slot. This turned out to be a bit of a pain, since to take a picture of something in front of me, I would have to hold my Axim nearly flat, then lean over it to get a look at the screen. If you're using it in sunlight, this will likely put your shadow on the screen, making it almost impossible to see. I ended up holding the Axim sideways, which wasn't an ideal solution, but it did allow me to see the screen so I could focus.

Rest of the review -
http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=1311&showComments=true

Brian