View Full Version : PPC 128MB Devices

ntractv
04-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Okay, I don't think I'm crazy. I currently have the iPAQ 3835 and I am bravely holding out on getting the iPAQ 5455. I know this technology changes from day-to-day and month-to-month, but, I could have sworn I read somewhere that PPC devices would be coming out later this year with 128MB RAM loaded. Did I dream this or is there some validity to my daydream? I searched here on the forums but nothing came up unless my search parameters were incorrect.

ozen
04-15-2003, 12:10 AM
There has been talk about it and of course at one time they will be here whether in a month or in a year or whenever. Also I think that the new toshiba has 96MB or something so its only time.

Jason Dunn
04-15-2003, 12:22 AM
There's been some speculation about 128 MB devices, but I think there's only one Asian-market Toshiba Genio that has 128 MB. I think perhaps we'll see some 128 MB devices this year, but only if Microsoft fixed a problem with adding more RAM beyond 64 MB...

ntractv
04-15-2003, 01:06 AM
Pet Peave: Why are certain devices (Toshiba Genio with 128MB) released in Asia and the UK and not the US? Is it a market test for later release or do OEM's give us what they want and tell us to be happy or some import/export of technology that don't meet our federal regulations?