View Full Version : $50 Handango gift cert: what software would you buy for your PPC?

etalianstallion
04-14-2003, 10:53 PM
I recently did a Lexus test drive and they gave me a $50 gift cert to Handango. :multi:

If you had a $50 Handango gift cert, what would be on your "software to buy" list?

spursdude
04-14-2003, 10:58 PM
Pocket Plus, Snails...

Sven Johannsen
04-15-2003, 02:57 AM
A nice assortment of Resco products, File Explorer and Picture Viewer come to mind. (If you don't have something that already does this)

cheryl
04-17-2003, 01:26 AM
Games, games, games :)

Age of Empires
EverQuest I and II
BugLord
Diamond Mine
Bookwork

How's that for a start? ;)

Jeff Rutledge
04-17-2003, 01:55 AM
With money to burn (so to speak), I'd look at the more expensive titles (if they're helpful to you). Check out RepliGo or Textmaker as they're on the expensive side. A lot of folks don't bother because of the cost, but if you've got it covered...

(Too bad Handango doesn't sell VAJA cases) :lol:

Oh yeah, and if the above don't appeal, I agree that the Resco packages are great.

Jacob
04-17-2003, 03:47 AM
Pocket Informant (assuming you don't already have it!)

Jeff Rutledge
04-17-2003, 04:30 AM
Pocket Informant (assuming you don't already have it!)

Good call Jacob!

Forget everything I said before. If you don't have PI, you should definitely give it a look. It's the first thing I install and the only app I run all the time.

Deslock
04-22-2003, 09:07 PM
Use the code CLIE at checkout for another 10% off.

My Favorite Commercial Apps:
1) Pocket Backup $20 (essential)
2) FlexWallet $6 (might not be the best password program, but it's the only one that periodically goes on sale for so little $)
3) WordBook $18 (best dictionary program)
4) SprintDBPro $20 (is not for everyone... requires some familiarity with building DBs)

My Favorite Commercial Games (and the only ones I've paid for so far):
G1) Pocket Grandmaster $25 (feature-packed Chess program)
G2) Pocket 3D Blocks $10 (3D Testris... big fun)
G3) 3D Star Fighter Pilot $6 (get's old quick, but still fun for a quick shoot-em-up)

P.S. I have PI and don't use it because it's so damn slow (even version 4.01). However, it's a very well designed program, otherwise, and your Axim will probably handle it better than my OCd 1910...