View Full Version : Handango and Registration Codes

carlab
04-13-2003, 11:53 PM
I have purchase a couple of Handango software and have never been able to get registration codes from Handango. Programs are still running in trial mode. I've tried getting codes from both Handango and the developers with no luck. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just my luck? Software is Picture Perfect and Pocket Informant. I really like these and hate to think must repurchase from another source. One thing for sure I will never bother purchasing from Handango again! :(

Duncan
04-14-2003, 12:04 AM
Can you explain further?

When you purchase from Handango you give your e-mail address and get confirmation plus details of how to get your reg code. You also get taken straight to a download page where you can get your software and take a note of your order number.

Are you saying none of this has happened?

I've bought many programs from Handango and this has never once failed to happen. Also - both Handango and Alex at WebIS (PI developer) are very good and quick at responding to problems - how long ago did you get in touch with them?

Jacob
04-14-2003, 12:12 AM
I've never seen this problem before.

Post something to the PocketInformant forums - there are employees and the CEO of the company who browse those forums all the time.

How long ago did you submit the support request?

carlab
04-14-2003, 12:26 AM
I purchased both programs through Amazon and registered with Handango after I received the hardpaks and loaded into my PDA. Only reply I got from Handango was thanking me for registering but no codes. I then requested codes from Handango and was told they no longer were giving these out that I must contact developer. This has been in past month. I will contact Pocket Informant again. Thanks

Eitel
04-14-2003, 12:33 AM
If you bought the programs on a CD you don't need a reg code for them. If you go to "About" in any of those two programs you'll see that they say that are "Retail", or will have an "R". In other words, those CD's are the full version of the program. No registration is needed.

carlab
04-14-2003, 12:49 AM
PicturePerfect program in my PDA states this is unregistered version and allows you to view only up to 5 pictures until registered. Pocket Informant also request registration when go to "About". When I registered Pocket Informant with Handango they upgraded version on CD to 4.0. Stated this was free upgrade. :?

Duncan
04-14-2003, 12:53 AM
You realise that you can go to the Pocket Informant site here - http://www.pocketinformant.com/register.php?_function=justregister - and enter your CD serial number to get your registration code? It does actually tell you that when you install the program...

carlab
04-14-2003, 01:06 AM
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:53 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You realise that you can go to the Pocket Informant site here - http://www.pocketinformant.com/register.php?_function=justregister - and enter your CD serial number to get your registration code? It does actually tell you that when you install the program...

Been there and tried that--get reply:You have previously registered with this email address--There is no need to register again - Problem is I have never registered a Pocket Informant program before. Possible that this could be due to registration with Handango?

Duncan
04-14-2003, 01:11 AM
Yes. You shouldn't have registered with Handango as once they sold the CD to Amazon they finished their part of the process (so not actually their fault). You need to contact WebIS again and explain what you did so they can sort you out.

If you didn't get a response first time from the PI people then I can promise you your experience is an exception to the rule - they are VERY responsive.

Can't comment re. PicturePerfect as I don't have any experience with them - but I would imagine the same applies.

carlab
04-14-2003, 01:21 AM
Well I went back(several times-guess I am a slow learner) and after going through 2-3 screens was able to get free upgrade along with a registration code! Still not sure how I did it but am now a happy camper and really appreciate all your suggestions/help! :lol: