View Full Version : E-125 cracked screen glass and E-105?!

jlp
04-13-2003, 09:12 PM
Hi,

After almost 2.5 years of good service my E-125 just got it's touch screen glass broken.

It gets even just impossible to use it as the digitizer is more than half an inch offset.

Anyway I have an old E-105 that I kept around.

I read that its possible to change it but it seems like they have different parts.

Has anyone tried to do this before?

Would it be possible to just exchange the ROM board? I know the CPU work at a different pace: 133 vs 150 MHz. Would this have some incluence?!

What would you counsel me?

Thanks in advance.

Mystery905
05-30-2003, 04:56 AM
I assume your LCD is fine and it's just your touchscreen that's broken.

Your best bet is to contact Casio. I ordered a replacement touchscreen for my EM-500 for $47.00 Canadian, and installed it myself, based on instructions that are freely available on the web.

The EM-500 and E-125 touchscreens are identical, actually, except for the 'plastic' black gasket that is used to secure it to the unit with screws.

My screen actually came with the E-125 gasket, which I easily replaced with the existing EM-500 gasket (held on with semi-adhesive).

I do remember reading that the wires on the ribbon cable for E-125/EM-500 are reversed compared to the older units incl. the E-105.