View Full Version : 3955 Turning Itself On

Lano
04-09-2003, 05:05 PM
My 3955 has suddenly begun to turn itself on for no apparent reason. I turn the power of and within 30 seconds it turns itself back on??? Once on, the auto shut off feature does not work. I'm afraid that I will loose all data if the battery completely discharges. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions?

I'm still running ROM 1.0

Thanks in advance for your help.

P.S. A soft reset does not cure the problem.

bdegroodt
04-09-2003, 05:12 PM
My 3955 has suddenly begun to turn itself on for no apparent reason...

Much the same as teenagers, this is a natural part of the life maturation process. You should have a heart to heart with your iPaq about the meaning of love and its place in its life. :mrgreen:

Lano
04-09-2003, 05:36 PM
Guess I should have worded that differently . . .

robclif4d
04-09-2003, 06:30 PM
If this is happening with your PPC in the cradle, try this: Open ActiveSynce on your PPC (do this with PPC out of cradle), tools, schedule and uncheck "When connected to my pc, sync with the server every..."

Janak Parekh
04-09-2003, 06:31 PM
Even if it's not happening in the cradle, I would follow robclif4d's suggestion. That's the number one cause for the unit turning back on. In fact, you can uncheck everything in the Schedule tab.

--janak

Lano
04-09-2003, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the help but I've already tried these fixes. My IPAQ has been working perfectly since I purchased it last August and this is the first problem I have encountered. I can't figure out whats wrong. The next step (unfortunately) is probably a hard reset.

bdegroodt
04-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Lano- Did you check the HP support forums? Just in case, before you hard reset, I'd take a look there. I have good luck getting answers there.

Lano
04-09-2003, 07:43 PM
I'll give it a try, thanks.

Lano
04-11-2003, 03:57 PM
Well I thought I'd post an update just incase anyone else experiences this same problem. HP's suggestions (no surprise here) was to perform a soft reset and if that didn't solve the problem it's time for a hard reset.

The powering on became progressively worse and each time I deppressed the power buton the screen went blank for about 2 seconds and then instantly turned back on. I left the unit connected to AC power over night so as not to loose my data and the next day everything seemed to be back to normal. Very stange. My fear now is that the unit will power on at night and I'll have dead battery in the morning. I'll probably go ahead and do the hard rest anyway.