View Full Version : Returning software

verbal
04-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Anybody have any experience with purchasing PPC software and it not working right or as good as you thought it would and getting a refund? I bought Nyditot and it doesn't work as well as I thought it would. I'd like to try to get a refund, but I'm not sure if it's even worth trying.

Jeff Rutledge
04-09-2003, 03:59 PM
Anybody have any experience with purchasing PPC software and it not working right or as good as you thought it would and getting a refund? I bought Nyditot and it doesn't work as well as I thought it would. I'd like to try to get a refund, but I'm not sure if it's even worth trying.

I think it may be difficult in this case. In general if something doesn't work, you should be able to return it. With online software though, there are two issues that make that difficult:

1. There's nothing physical to return. So you're basically asking the vendor to trust that you'll not use it anymore. You already have a registration code that works so there's nothing the vendor can do to ensure you don't continue to use it.

2. There's a trial. In the case of Nyditot, they offer a trial version. Is the issue you're experiencing something that didn't show up in the trial? Or did you just not see this particular issue during the trial? Either way, it's a good argument for the vendor as they offered a free sneak peak.

Sorry if that doesn't sound too encouraging. I wouldn't completely give up though. I find most of the PPC vendors are very good at responding to user feedback and provide strong user support. I'd suggest using Nyditot's support site to see if they can help you out (assuming you haven't already).

Duncan
04-09-2003, 04:42 PM
If you buy software (even the online, downloaded kind) that says it works with a particular Pocket PC - and then it doesn't work with that model, or it is crippled in the way it works, then the vendor has to refund you.

If, however, you are simply disappointed in the way the software works - then of course you have no right to a refund.

Having used Nyditot with 5 different models of PPC I don't believe either of these can be the case. It works exactly as described.

If you simply have 'an' issue - then you contact the vendor and get it fixed.

Jacob
04-09-2003, 05:34 PM
If you buy software (even the online, downloaded kind) that says it works with a particular Pocket PC - and then it doesn't work with that model, or it is crippled in the way it works, then the vendor has to refund you.

If, however, you are simply disappointed in the way the software works - then of course you have no right to a refund.

Not necessarily, I returned something a couple weeks ago that I bought from handango. My reasoning was pretty much that I just didn't like it.

You just have to sign a form that you did in fact destroy the software and are not using it and fax or mail it back to handango.

Duncan
04-09-2003, 05:36 PM
Note my words - you have no 'right' to a refund - doesn't stop some vendors etc. freely offering one!

nyditot
04-29-2003, 07:24 PM
We offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you are disastified for any reason. Just drop us a note at [email protected] with your purchase details (ie. date, distributor, full name, email address supplied when purchasing).

Note: We don't generally monitor these forums. I was just in the neighborhood.