View Full Version : How do you take a e740 apart

enash
04-08-2003, 02:21 AM
I need to take my e740 apart because i got some water between the two top screens and need to dry it out becuase my stylus is not being recognized all the time.

I sent it back to toshiba but they wanted $129 to repair... I had them send it back to me and i will do it. it looks like four screws hold it together but the lower two are torq bits (what size?)

thanks for assistance.

Brad Adrian
04-08-2003, 02:50 AM
*Gulp* I don't know what size they are, but you can usually find a set of different sizes at your local hardware store. Since you're willing to gamble with the cost of a Pocket PC, I assume the cost of a torx set is inconsequential. ;)

Actually, I had always thought that most kinds of water damage are best left to dry out by themselves. But, it sounds like there's still some kind of residue left behind. If you do open the case up, don't be surprised if since the dousing some corrosion has already set in; it doesn't take long at all.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

algester
04-08-2003, 09:21 AM
Its looks like a t5 or t6, have a look at http://www.screentap.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=3&page=1

But unfortunately nothing on the screen itself.

Wingnut
04-13-2003, 06:09 AM
I can confirm that it is a T5 torx you need. The problem is there nearly impossible to find in stores (even Snap-On only sells sizes down to T6!).