View Full Version : iPAQ Pocket PC h5400 Battery Driver

Ed Hansberry
04-07-2003, 09:30 PM
<a href="http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/handheldiPAQ/us/download/17724.html">http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/handheldiPAQ/us/download/17724.html</a><br /><br />Here is the fixed battery driver for the iPAQ 5400 series. This corrects the problem in the previous update that caused problems with batteries in the Compact Flash Plus sleeves.<br /><br />Note that this is a RAM update, so if you hard-reset your 5400 and reinstall rather than do a restore, you will need to re-apply this patch. I assume this will be incorporated into some future ROM version.

MultiMatt
04-07-2003, 11:41 PM
Despite this updated version, I still cannot get my 5455 to see or use the battery on the Compact Flash Plus sleeve.

Anyone else having this issue?

Matt

jffcurt
04-08-2003, 02:39 AM
Dumb question. I put the previous battery update in my 5455. I use my ipaq naked now. Do I need this updated update? :?:

Thanks.

Jeff

Ed Hansberry
04-08-2003, 02:47 AM
Dumb question. I put the previous battery update in my 5455. I use my ipaq naked now. Do I need this updated update? :?:

Don't think so. I'm a huge "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" fan when it comes to patches.

MultiMatt
04-08-2003, 05:53 AM
For clarification in my situation, ever since I have owned my 5455, my CF Expansion Pack Plus battery has not worked.
It worked fine with my 3970, but does not now.
Before or after the softpaq, the (Expansion Plus) battery has been useless to me...

The softpaq was worth a shot, but failed to do what I needed...
Matt

jimski
04-08-2003, 06:15 AM
Here is the fixed battery driver for the iPAQ 5400 series. This corrects the problem in the previous update that caused problems with batteries in the Compact Flash Plus sleeves.

Actually, the previous version made memory cards in Expansion Pack Plus sleeves (sleeves with batteries) unreadable. Non-battery sleeves worked fine.

Even with the new patch, the Expansion Pack battery still cannot be accessed by the iPAQ. The iPAQ battery and Expansion Pack battery drain independent of each other.

Be sure to install this patch if you are planning on using spare batteries with your 54XX. Without the patch, a replacement battery may not be recognized as having a charge when installed in the iPAQ causing a "no power" situation resulting in a hard reset.

albsilva
04-08-2003, 09:33 AM
Even with the new patch, the Expansion Pack battery still cannot be accessed by the iPAQ. The iPAQ battery and Expansion Pack battery drain independent of each other.

Hi,
I have a h5450 with the PcCard Expansion Plus, without any updates installed: Does that mean that the iPaq don't use the battery on the expansion sleeve? According to jimski post, what is the benefit of this update?

Regards,
Alberto Silva

MasterOfMoo
04-08-2003, 09:56 PM
Actually, the previous version made memory cards in Expansion Pack Plus sleeves (sleeves with batteries) unreadable. Non-battery sleeves worked fine.

Nope, I had experienced the exact same loss of access to my memory card after the update using the "classic" CF sleeve.

Same results with a few of my co-workers...

albsilva
04-10-2003, 12:55 PM
:evil: I've just installed it on my h5450, then I thought it would be better to perform a soft reset, and it presented me with a FULL RESET.

Later I'll try to install it again...

Alberto Silva

albsilva
04-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Fortunatelly I had a complete backup of the ipaq, after the restore, I reinstalled the battery update, and this time I performed the soft reset while having the iPaq charging... This time it went well... :?

Regards,
Alberto Silva