View Full Version : A problem makes me unhappy for a long time,plz help me.thx!

oksun
04-07-2003, 11:04 AM
:(
i have a pda(ipaq 3630)
but recently the pda makes me very unhappy,when i touch the screen with the pen ,the screen does not response.i softreset the pda,the problem still exists.
then i hardreset the pda.unfortunately ,the problem is still in.
what is the problem with my pda,and how can i solve it?
can someone help me.i am a newcomer,do plz help me,thx!

Pony99CA
04-07-2003, 12:18 PM
i have a pda(ipaq 3630)
but recently the pda makes me very unhappy,when i touch the screen with the pen ,the screen does not response.i softreset the pda,the problem still exists.
It sounds like your touchscreen went bad. Did you drop your iPAQ recently? Do the buttons work still?

In any event, you'll probably have to send it in for service. Depending on how much that will cost, you may want to just buy a new Pocket PC.

Steve

oksun
04-08-2003, 05:01 AM
i have a pda(ipaq 3630)
It sounds like your touchscreen went bad. Did you drop your iPAQ recently? Do the buttons work still?

In any event, you'll probably have to send it in for service. Depending on how much that will cost, you may want to just buy a new Pocket PC.

Steve

Thank u for your reply.i did not drop my ppc onto the ground.,and sometimes it works well and sometimes bad.And unluckly,the ppc has already been out of service's time.
I just want to know what is the real problem with it,couldu someone have the same problem with me .and do someone have the method to mend it.
Plz .Thx!~

William Yeung
04-08-2003, 05:34 AM
My guess is you have a lost contact between ur unit and the touch panel;
did u send ur unit to upgrade/u have opened that before?

oksun
04-08-2003, 01:02 PM
My guess is you have a lost contact between ur unit and the touch panel;
did u send ur unit to upgrade/u have opened that before?
thx!
i upgrade the rom,now the version is 2.20,and i didn't opened the ppc before.

TopDog
04-08-2003, 01:32 PM
This is not a software prob.

Since your iPAQ is so "old", it's not worth sending it in, it'll cost you more than buying an Axim for example.

I if where you, I would've opened it up to see if I saw any broken contacts that you can led back. If not, Dell has a lot of offers and discounts these days ;-)

oksun
04-08-2003, 02:46 PM
This is not a software prob.

Since your iPAQ is so "old", it's not worth sending it in, it'll cost you more than buying an Axim for example.

I if where you, I would've opened it up to see if I saw any broken contacts that you can led back. If not, Dell has a lot of offers and discounts these days ;-)

Though the 3600 is so "old', i only want know the real reason.

rberry88
04-09-2003, 07:31 PM
Just a shot here: Do you happen to be using any screen protectors???

rberry88

oksun
04-10-2003, 05:32 AM
Just a shot here: Do you happen to be using any screen protectors???

rberry88
i never have uesd any screen protectors.
i was amasing about it,now it is working well,i don't know when it would be bad.
:|

Janak Parekh
04-10-2003, 01:48 PM
The most likely possibility is that the touch screen is/has worn out, or a connector has gotten loose. Either are possible.

--janak