View Full Version : T-Mobile - unlimited on Weekend only

cyj
04-07-2003, 06:53 AM
I was about to dive in after T-Mobile this weekend but when I stepped back to consider the whole package the issue of unlimited minutes on the 'Weekend only' became a sticking point. I notice other companies offer unlimited weekend as well as weekday nights in their unlimited minutes.

I've decided to hold out and see what the next few months brings. Is this unreasonable thinking on my part?

Qman
04-07-2003, 10:44 AM
I was about to dive in after T-Mobile this weekend but when I stepped back to consider the whole package the issue of unlimited minutes on the 'Weekend only' became a sticking point. I notice other companies offer unlimited weekend as well as weekday nights in their unlimited minutes.

I've decided to hold out and see what the next few months brings. Is this unreasonable thinking on my part?

T-Mobile USA offers a $39.99 plan with 600 whenever minutes. unlimited weekends and for an added $2.99 you get unlimited nights.

I don't talk much so I went with the $29.99 plan with 300 whenever minutes. unlimited weekends and the $34.99 20MB internet plan.
Works for me!

WyattEarp
04-07-2003, 11:01 AM
It's not unreasonable but consider this: I have delt with AT&T and Sprint; both of them cost more in the long run than T-Mobile. $2.99 is the best price I have seen. How many people really make loads of phone calls after 9pm anyway? When my AT&T contract was over they wanted $9.99 for nights and weekends. So I'd say your getting a good deal with T-Mobile. It works for me.

Cellular plans don't change often so just get info from the companys you may want to deal with and compare and watch the promos. They are only temporary. That is the best way. :D And if you already have a phone, make sure they support it. :D

cyj
04-08-2003, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the feedback. You're probably correct and I might regret passing up the T68i phone and a T-Mobile plan at Amazon.

Actually, my thoughts behind the weekday nights was that I could use free minutes to connect to the internet via a local ISP. But I understand that route is pretty slow. So my thinking was faulty.

At any rate, I'm just getting my feet wet and I probably can put off making the move for a couple months. I just got done reading about a YISO 1xrtt CF card. Pretty impressive stuff. But I'm sure it would cost a lot at Sprint for their plan.

PetiteFlower
04-08-2003, 04:24 PM
Yes, the sprint data cards are very expensive.

pocketpc568
04-10-2003, 05:28 PM
That is correct, the card is over $200 and unlimited access is $99/mos.

TheNewSteve
04-15-2003, 07:17 PM
I have the t68i from amazon and t-mobile now. the phone is cool, but kinda quirky menus and such. service is ok. not as good as sprint, but at least i'm not with sprint, who are the devil. (frequent mis-billing and random charges for talking to service when things were messed up)

i don't have a data plan or dialup to use with my PPC and phone, but am thinking about it with the advent of $50 BT CF cards.

how much is dialup a month and can it use my phone minutes?

also, i have been getting 600 minutes/month for $39.99 since january and it is free nights AND weekends now. Text messaging is like $2.99 for a bunch.

i use easySMS on my PPC to compose SMS longer than a sentence or so, then it transfers to phone and sends via infrared.

-Steve

don dre
04-15-2003, 07:39 PM
Actually, many ATTWS plans let you keep your minutes after the contract is up now. you have them as long as you are on the plan. I have the T68i and it's nothing special Batt life is great and BT is cool but the menu is, as said before, quirky. Sometimes its really slow but the most irritating part is that sometimes I don;t get service even though my friend how has the identical plan but different phone does. I have been with ATTWS for a few years, when they upgraded to GSM they implemented a new billing system that has been horrendous. The customer service has been helpful for the most part. I'd probably be mroe frustrated had I not had a great experience with them prior to going GSM. It seems to be mostly hammered out now though and the service improves every month. I think all the services have their pitfalls though i've heard more bad about Sprint than the others.