View Full Version : Battery Pack 2003 and/or ICbar?

ralliart12
04-07-2003, 06:38 AM
If I have installed Battery Pack 2003, will I still need ICbar? OR will Battery Pack 2003 and Vbar be a better combination?

targetdrone
04-07-2003, 09:57 AM
One item at a time. Make sure you do a backup before installing programs. Battery Pack 2003 is an awesome app. I have the 2002 version and also Wisbar (I can take or leave Wisbar, but since it's already installed...)

Do yourself a favor and give an application a proper chance and get to know what they can do before uninstalling them for something else.

ralliart12
04-07-2003, 12:20 PM
One item at a time. Make sure you do a backup before installing programs.

Why? What may go wrong?

I have the 2002 version and also Wisbar (I can take or leave Wisbar, but since it's already installed...)

Would you have preferred using Vbar if you know you are going to install Battery Pack? I asked this because I believe that Wisbar also has some of the functionalities of Battery Pack.

Do yourself a favor and give an application a proper chance and get to know what they can do before uninstalling them for something else.

I rather not have those applications that I'm going to uninstall later in my system in the 1st place.

blazingwolf
04-07-2003, 02:16 PM
I use both Icbar and Battery Pack and they work just fine. Since the programs do 2 different things use both of them. I have never used Vbar but it does the same thing as Icbar.

ralliart12
04-07-2003, 03:48 PM
I use both Icbar and Battery Pack and they work just fine. Since the programs do 2 different things use both of them. I have never used Vbar but it does the same thing as Icbar.

I expected them to co-exist together, but are u sure that their funcitonalities do not overlap? Cos I'm tinking of using Vbar instead of ICbar, then plus Battery Pack, as I feel that maybe, just maybe, ICbar will have some things that Battery Pack already has.

Jacob
04-07-2003, 04:58 PM
I expected them to co-exist together, but are u sure that their funcitonalities do not overlap? Cos I'm tinking of using Vbar instead of ICbar, then plus Battery Pack, as I feel that maybe, just maybe, ICbar will have some things that Battery Pack already has.

It's quite likely that two applications will have overlapping functionality.

If you have both, you're taking up more space and using more memory to run both apps - but you're getting all the combined features.

I would suggest you evaluate both and keep track of what you use with both and therefore what you need. I use icbar and batterypack - but I don't use every part of batterypack - I just use the battery launcher