View Full Version : MSN 8.5 To Sync Directly With Pocket PC?

Ed Hansberry
04-07-2003, 01:00 AM
<a href="http://www.itnews.com.au/storycontent.cfm?ID=17&Art_ID=11808">http://www.itnews.com.au/storycontent.cfm?ID=17&Art_ID=11808</a><br /><br />"MSN Calendar will be integrated directly with Intellisync for MSN, which used to a separate download and application; this feature lets you synch events and contacts with Microsoft Outlook and Palm and Pocket PC devices directly from within MSN."<br /><br />I don't know if that means it syncs with Outlook and in turn your PDA or if there will be software that you load on your Pocket PC that allows you to sync over the air. If it is the latter, that could be very cool for those with wireless devices. MSN 8.5 is currently in beta.

topps
04-07-2003, 06:03 AM
Well, that would be great to have some sort of centralised calendaring without having to resort to Exchange. I wonder if it will allow any kind of smart calendar sharing. Hopefully yes...if Microsoft realises how much of a market there is out there for simple calendar sharing. Many of us do not have the resources to support an Exchange Server.

Gremmie
04-07-2003, 06:04 AM
Ugh, if Outlook supported a better vCalender or Calender posting, I wouldn't care about this story.

johncruise
04-07-2003, 06:21 AM
they should have done this a long time ago. Yahoo and Lycos was able to do this before with the use of TrueSync (project abandoned already).

TTown
04-07-2003, 08:21 AM
It would be nice if they could sync over your e-mail as well. I would much rather get e-mail without having to sync over to outlook first.

HOLLYWOOD_
04-07-2003, 01:21 PM
The Blackberry supports this functionality - "Wireless Calende."

galego2
04-07-2003, 02:43 PM
MSN 8.5 will integrated the components of Intellisync into the MSN product all together. Right now, users of MSN 8 can download Intellisync for MSN and sync calendar, contacts, and tasks directly from the Pocket PC into MSN 8. It does also give you the option to sync from Outlook.

The only change with MSN 8.5 is a separate download is not needed. MSN 8.5 will have all of the previous abilities allowing a user to sync between MSN 8.5 and Outlook or MSN 8.5 and the Pocket PC.

I doubt much more will change over the simple integration of the two products.

ExtremeSIMS
04-07-2003, 03:17 PM
Amusing - AOL announced this a month ago.

Ed Hansberry
04-07-2003, 06:54 PM
Amusing - AOL announced this a month ago.
Yeah, now all we need is an AOL client that isn't in beta for Pocket PC 2002 devices. :onfire: