View Full Version : Apology...

Steven Cedrone
04-05-2003, 05:22 PM
It seems as if I was a bit of an a$$ yesterday. A few posts set me off and I went on a crusade to clean up a few threads of "alternative apps". All I can say in my own defense is...<silence, crickets chirping...>

Anyway, as I said in the "remove TEMP files" thread, I apologise to you all!!!

I guess I was just having a really bad day. If I deleted or moved one of your posts, feel free to let the world know of your displeasure in this thread (and I promise not to touch any posts)... :wink:

Steve

bdegroodt
04-06-2003, 02:35 AM
Thanks Steve. I was wondering what the deal was. Seemed so regimented for a forum. I was going to give you grief but I didn't want to risk it :D

Pony99CA
04-06-2003, 02:37 AM
It seems as if I was a bit of an a$$ yesterday. A few posts set me off and I went on a crusade to clean up a few threads of "alternative apps". All I can say in my own defense is...<silence, crickets chirping...>

Anyway, as I said in the "remove TEMP files" thread, I apologise to you all!!!

I guess I was just having a really bad day. If I deleted or moved one of your posts, feel free to let the world know of your displeasure in this thread (and I promise not to touch any posts)... :wink:

Eh, we all have our bad days. Don't worry about it. But you do have to move that thread to the Hall of Flame & Shame. :rofl:

Steve

Fishie
04-06-2003, 03:11 AM
Even tough I had no posts deleted or even know what happened I cant let an oportunity to blast at a moderator like this pass.

Dammit Steve, what the hell were you thinking?
As a moderator you have certain responsibilities towards this comunity, moderate it like a good father watching over his children witouth leting youre emotions get the better of you.
That being said you clearly cant handle youre task and the saying goes iff you cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen.
You clearly showed youre inability to handle a task as simple as moderating these boards so do the honourable thing and resign, if you dont I doubt any of us will be able to respect you ever again.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :devilboy: :devilboy: :devilboy: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Steven Cedrone
04-06-2003, 03:36 AM
Eh, we all have our bad days. Don't worry about it. But you do have to move that thread to the Hall of Flame & Shame. :rofl:

When it rolls off the front page... :wink:

Steve

Steven Cedrone
04-06-2003, 03:37 AM
Even tough I had no posts deleted or even know what happened I cant let an oportunity to blast at a moderator like this pass.

Dammit Steve, what the hell were you thinking?
As a moderator you have certain responsibilities towards this comunity, moderate it like a good father watching over his children witouth leting youre emotions get the better of you.
That being said you clearly cant handle youre task and the saying goes iff you cant handle the heat get out of the kitchen.
You clearly showed youre inability to handle a task as simple as moderating these boards so do the honourable thing and resign, if you dont I doubt any of us will be able to respect you ever again.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :devilboy: :devilboy: :devilboy: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hmmm...

I said I won't touch any posts...I lied!!! :wink: I'm gonna delete that one!!! :twisted:

Steve

Janak Parekh
04-06-2003, 03:42 AM
Uh, Steve, isn't this thread supposed to be "Off-Topic", not "Just Chattin'"?

:lol:

--janak

Fishie
04-06-2003, 03:59 AM
Hmmm...

I said I won't touch any posts...I lied!!! :wink: I'm gonna delete that one!!! :twisted:

Steve

Boooooooooooooo

Hehehehehe

dh
04-06-2003, 04:18 AM
Steve, you have the bollocks to apologise which is great. Like just about everyone here, I think you do a fine job of moderating the forums and your comments are usually in very good humor.

I agree with the people who think it is helpful to have mentions of competing applications in the threads. I've gotten a lot of good information in this way, by reading users opinions of the different apps we have available.

In a thread about a particular product, I think it is good for the developer to be able to read comments about other products. This kind of discussion provides good market feedback to the developer as to the percieved strengths and weaknesses of his product providing ideas for future versions. Heck, my company pays handsomely for similar market research, if I were a developer I would love to get this feedback for free.

There hasn't been a good addition to the Hall of Shame for a while so we were due for one. :oops:

Steven Cedrone
04-06-2003, 04:59 AM
Uh, Steve, isn't this thread supposed to be "Off-Topic", not "Just Chattin'"?

:lol:

--janak

Well, it's kinda on-topic... :wink:

Steve

Janak Parekh
04-06-2003, 05:00 AM
Steve, you have the bollocks to apologise which is great. Like just about everyone here, I think you do a fine job of moderating the forums and your comments are usually in very good humor.
Agreed. We must all also realize that not everyone has the exact same moderation standards. Steve always has to walk a tightrope, and I think he's done a fantastic job... not everyone is going to stay on one side or the other at any given time. Fortunately, he's quite self-correcting. I don't know what we would do without him! :D

--janak

Steven Cedrone
04-06-2003, 05:01 AM
Hehehehehe

I know you had alot of fun with your post, I'll remember it though... :wink: :lol: :twisted:

Steve

Steven Cedrone
04-06-2003, 05:03 AM
There hasn't been a good addition to the Hall of Shame for a while so we were due for one.

Like I Said, when it's off the front page, I'll move it... :oops:

Steve

Steven Cedrone
04-06-2003, 05:04 AM
I don't know what we would do without him! :D

The check is in the mail... :way to go: :wink:

Steve