View Full Version : Still Seeing our "Hacked" Logo?

Jason Dunn
04-04-2003, 12:00 PM
We're still getting email messages about our "hacked" logo, so if you're seeing the "Palm Rulez" graffiti scrawled on our logo, this post is for you. First, it was an April Fool's day joke - we weren't hacked. Second, the logo was replaced by noon on April Fool's date. If you're still seeing the old logo, that means it's cached on your system or by your ISP. First (assuming you're on a PC with Internet Explorer), press CONTROL+F5 - this will force a re-download of the opening page and will overwrite your cache data. If your ISP is caching the site, there's not much you can do other than wait for them to refresh their cache.<br /><br />Either way, you don't need to email us a warning about the "hack". Thanks! :D

Pony99CA
04-04-2003, 01:29 PM
First (assuming you're on a PC with Internet Explorer), press CONTROL+F5 - this will force a re-download of the opening page and will overwrite your cache data.
In Netscape/Mozilla, press either Ctrl or Shift (I've seen both listed) and click the Refresh button. I've heard that works in IE, too.

Steve

Kevin Daly
04-04-2003, 02:30 PM
Oddly enough, sometimes I get the altered version, and sometimes I get the normal one. Refreshing always brings up the same one (as currently displayed at the time), but a new session seems to randomly return either version.
I did wonder whether it was a load balancing issue (i.e. whether the version I was getting was dependent on which server I was connecting to, if there's more than one). But I suppose it's just weirdness at my ISP.

qmrq
04-06-2003, 07:26 AM
Someone care to post the logo so I can see? :D

Steven Cedrone
04-06-2003, 07:29 AM
Someone care to post the logo so I can see? :D

Here you go... (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/parekh/misc/hacked_logo.gif)

Steve