View Full Version : DI-713P & WiFi Printing

bdegroodt
04-03-2003, 08:05 PM
Anyone using the D-Link DI-713P and have a printer plugged into it that would like to give their experiences- Good or bad.

If not that specific model, anyone have any experiences printing through any of these routers wirelessly?

Jorgen
04-04-2003, 06:52 AM
I use the di-713p as print serrver - works fine.

Jorgen

bdegroodt
04-04-2003, 07:29 PM
I use the di-713p as print serrver - works fine.

Jorgen

Thanks Jorgen. Is there anything funny about setting it up? IP addresses or any such monkey business?

Jorgen
04-05-2003, 07:42 AM
If you are a nerd, the setup is disappointingly simple: On the 713p: just plug it in. In Windows, you click: add port in My Computer/printers and choose the D-Link LPT port. Then it works. The connection is parallel, no USB.

I wonder how you would do it in Linux?

Jorgen

Jorgen
04-05-2003, 08:18 AM
Hmm, I loaded the HP Mobile Printing program via this link http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11016

The program allows you to set a printer as IP Address, Hostname or Windows shared. I have set my printer up as an IP address (10.0.0.1 which is the routers address) but have not managed to get it to print yet. So if that is important to you - and it most probably is - wait a bit. I'll have another go later.

Jorgen

bdegroodt
04-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Thanks Jorgen. I was sure I could find something complicated about it to noodle on. :D

mashtim
04-06-2003, 07:54 PM
I've been using a 713P for over a year now and I LOVE the print server! Of course, it gets scrambled occasionally, but overall it rocks! Nothing like being able to print from the attic when the printer is in the basement!

My only "problem" with it is that although the pass-through is supposed to be full-duplex, I haven't ever been able to get the scanner output (on my Lexmark Z82 All-In-One) to go to my PC. Oh well.

ale_ers
04-15-2003, 07:18 PM
I have a Semans 802.11 router w/ a built in printer driver...I am a little limited on my network experience.

I can print wirelessly from my laptop, but how do you print from your PPC. I have tried to print using HP's program, but I just couldn't get it to work...I assumed they just did not have the drivers for my printer (cannon) and gave up.