View Full Version : Dell Now Bundling 64MB CF Card with Axim

Janak Parekh
04-03-2003, 05:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/products/series_pda_snp.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/produ...ies_pda_snp.htm</a><br /><br /></div>It seems the discount deals on the Dells have expired for the moment, but they still have a promotion: a free 64MB CompactFlash card with the purchase of a new Axim.

jd4science
04-03-2003, 09:02 PM
That's annoying! Why couldn't they have handed those out when it took a month to get them, and some of us still ordered! :| :devilboy: :agrue:

PapaSmurfDan
04-03-2003, 09:11 PM
If it was an SD card, this deal would better. However, a 64mb CF card is rather pathtic, 128mb would be way better and make up for the lack of rebate. These cards can't cost more than 20 bucks now (my 64mb SD card was $33 new 5 months ago).

-Dan

GoldKey
04-03-2003, 10:26 PM
It would be nice if they would allow you to apply the price of the 64 to a bigger card.

Shadowcat
04-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Do you guys realise you're asking for a lot? The Axims are priced real good as it is!

I know this complaint has been brought up before but I just had to mention it again. Why aren't these special offers available in other counttries like Canada, Britain, etc? I know I'd be tempted to spring for a Dell right now if this promotion was in Canada, despite the fact that I had previously decided not to get a Dell.

leximaea
04-03-2003, 10:45 PM
Do you guys realise you're asking for a lot? The Axims are priced real good as it is!

I know this complaint has been brought up before but I just had to mention it again. Why aren't these special offers available in other counttries like Canada, Britain, etc? I know I'd be tempted to spring for a Dell right now if this promotion was in Canada, despite the fact that I had previously decided not to get a Dell.

I got my discounted 10% plus $50 rebate Advanced Axim two days ago and chucked my pathetic-battery-lifed-ipac-36XX-with-the-big-old-cf-sleeve. The axim is pretty great overall (but I DO miss the display on the ipaq, but 3hour battery life is pathetic, and the sleeves are too bulky).