View Full Version : Problem with Restore: Invalid Device. Any help?

Venturello
04-01-2003, 11:24 PM
Monday morning, my iPaq misteriously woke up dead. I didn't leave it as usual on its cradle, but when I forgot to do so, I normally dont have any problems with it, maybe low battery warnings on next day if I use it a lot. Now, my old iPaq (an original 3600) has died several times, and I just restore a backup. It has gone to service several times (dead battery, crushed screen, fried with wrong AC adapter :roll: ) and when it comes back, restore with no problem.

This time, when I restore I get this error:

"The restore could not be completed successfully because the selected backup was created from a different type of model."

Remembering I saw a post about this problem on the main site a few monthes ago. Searched and found link to Compaq's/HP's "ActiveSync Backup File Restoration Utility" for the 3900 series. Tried it, it says my backup file does not need restoring.

What should I try? Not loosing important stuff here (its all in my documents) but still, it was a perfect configuration with all in the place I like and many software I am unsure if I am going to find again.

Any tips, ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Juan Miguel

Eitel
04-02-2003, 12:11 AM
I know somtimes you can get that error message if the ipaq is set up with a different time zone as the backup was.