View Full Version : stylus inserted backwards

qmrq
03-29-2003, 03:55 PM
Well, my little nephew got ahold of my iPAQ and inserted the stylus backwards after he was done playing with it. Any way to get it out without breaking out my Torx bits?

Reinaldo
03-29-2003, 04:10 PM
How? Is that even possible? What model do you have? I thought the rounded tip was too big to enter the iPAQ. Can you detail?

qmrq
03-29-2003, 04:12 PM
Sure is possible. The one he was playing with was a 3650.

qmrq
03-29-2003, 04:29 PM
hmm if no one has any tips I suppose I could just grab on and yank . . . I'm afraid that could damage the stylus though.

Shadowcat
03-29-2003, 04:34 PM
When you say backwarads do you mean the tip of the stylus is facing towards the opening of the silo? Did he fully insert it? I wouldn't worry about the stylus though. I'd be worrying more about the stylus lock mechanism!

qmrq
03-29-2003, 04:36 PM
No, by backwards I mean the wider end of the stylus was put in facing the wrong direction. The fat end was forced where through the thinner part of the opening. [If that makes sense.]

LorryDriver71
03-29-2003, 05:06 PM
I do understand what you mean, I'd just pull it hard.

Reinaldo
03-29-2003, 05:10 PM
There's not a lot of choice, now is there?

I agree. Pull.

That just gave me a reminder. I better be careful with my PDA tomorrow, my little brother is having a birthday party.

Janak Parekh
03-29-2003, 05:12 PM
This was a known problem on the 36xx units. There was a solution on Pocket PC Passion, but I can't find it right now. It basically entailed cutting a small ridge in the part of the stylus still visible with a sharp knife, and using a flathead screwdriver to pry the stylus out, using that ridge. It will damage your stylus a bit, but replacement styli are very cheap.

--janak

qmrq
03-29-2003, 05:32 PM
Woo! It's out! : ) Stylus lock is acting kinda funny, but still works.

I wouldn't worry about the stylus though. I'd be worrying more about the stylus lock mechanism!

Not worried about the stylus, it usually stays in there. ;) Carrick likes to push the lock button and watch the stylus fly out though. [heehee, so do I! When I got it, that was the coolest feature at first comparision with my Palm.]