View Full Version : Transfer Media Player License to PPC

ppcvidz.com
03-28-2003, 10:07 PM
I visited NHL.com last night on my PPC. I went into their video section and tried to watch some mms:// streaming videos, of course they are encoding with Windows Media 9 (audio & video) so I couldn't see anything. I did find some content that was in Media 8 format while on my desktop, but required downloading a license. When I tried to play this mms:// media stream on my pocket PC it says that I need to use use Media Player on my desktop to transfer the license. I tried doing that through media player, but I couldn't find anything..any ideas?

pocketpcdude1024
03-28-2003, 10:55 PM
I really dislike streaming content because I am content to download a file for ten minutes to watch it for a minute if it is good quality, but whenever I stream media it's always choppy, tinny, or something that makes my viweing experience a whole lot less enjoyable. :evil:

Moral of story: Streaming media is evil (:twisted:). Messing with licences and buffer speed is not the way I, or almost any other person, wants to view their media.

I say this because you apparently belong to a company that streams media to Pocket PCs. I'm coming off my soapbox now...
:soapbox: