View Full Version : Battery Bar, Pocket Panel or Pocket Plus - please help me decide...

karinatwork
03-28-2003, 09:45 PM
The title basically says it. I don't know who to give my money to. I tried out all three programs and I like them all, but they all have a little bit different features which makes it hard to choose.

Pocket Plus: I like the interface; it let's me change the backlight settings on the today screen, but doesn't have a clean up option.

Pocket Panel: I like the look somewhat, has a backlight option on the today screen, but there is not much possibility of tweaking it (choose options). Also, the program is not able to display the time until battery runs empty (backwards count), only the running time of battery (forwards count).

Battery Bar: I like the looks of the program, but to get to the cleanup option, you have to run Program Bar as well, and I don't like the setup of the icons.

I know I'm picky. :worried: And I do know that it's a personal choice, but I'd REALLY like to know which program YOU are using and why, this will help me with my decision.

Thanks for your input!

Karin

pocketpcdude1024
03-28-2003, 09:54 PM
I use Pocket Plus for undislosable reasons. :wink: I like it very much. However, you mention a "cleanup" option. Since apparently Pocket Plus doesn't have one, what does it do? :? Is it something I need?

karinatwork
03-28-2003, 09:59 PM
Program Bar (comes with Battery Bar) and Pocket Panel have a little "waste paper basket" icon, and when you click on it, you can get rid of temp files and other junk that is destined to clean up, like temp internet files, cookies and such. And after a few hours of use of my device, there's always something to clean up - ALTHOUGH I have the cleanup program by Scott Seligman installed in my startup folder. That means to me that these programs find other things to clean out, too, not just temp files.

Hope that explains it. :)

pocketpcdude1024
03-28-2003, 10:30 PM
It does, thank you. That sounds useful, but I'm betting you could get a 3rd party program to do that and have it as an icon on the Pocket Plus bar. Then again, you would potentially have to buy 2 programs instead of one. :|

Duncan
03-29-2003, 12:42 AM
RhinoSuite is, IMHO, superior to Battery Bar or Pocket Panel. It has a superior way of displaying program icons (in multiple easily changeable folders), has clean up and backlight settings and battery life/memory displays - I reckon it has the features you seem to be looking for.

Frankly its's a mystery to me why Battery Bar retains its bestselling position; Pocket Plus offers little that can't be got for free; Pocket Panel is limited in what it can do...

Just my VHO of course!

karinatwork
03-29-2003, 12:42 AM
I too really do like Pocket Plus. So I am on the look out for a few clean up utility. I think I found something, I'm going to post about it later.

rberry88
03-29-2003, 02:05 AM
The best advice I can give is to go to a site like Handango.com and see if they have a trial version available. Usually trial versions are the full versions of the programs but they have a time limit (7-14 days most) before you either have to purchase/register the program or delete because it doesn't work anymore.

rberry

oguime
03-29-2003, 04:43 PM
karinatwork,

You can use Remover (http://s-k.al.ru) to cleanup temporary and junk files automatically, at a predefined time, every day, at power of or startup.

It's free and also very usefull to get rid of inavlaid registry keys, duplicate files and bad/old uninstall info.

Regards,

Gilson

hollis_f
03-31-2003, 07:36 AM
Pocket Plus offers little that can't be got for freeHmmm. I use Pocket Plus because it combines two items I really need (a 'Close' button that doesn't hide other icons on the top bar and repeating alarms) and a few items I relly like (the battery/memory display and full window PIE). Now, as far as I know, the repeating alarms cannot be obtained for free. So I've got to pay for that option - I may as well get all the other goodies thrown in as well.