View Full Version : Changing program icons

baggins
03-28-2003, 02:33 PM
I have two different pieces of software (from Skyscape) that use the exact same icon. I launch my programs with tdLaunch.

Question: is it possible to switch the icon associated with the program - is it embedded in the executable or is it a separate (e.g. .ICO file)??

Thx in advance

Bags

"nothing wrong with sex on TV - just don't fall off"

Saaby
03-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Also, is there a way to change folder icons, such as on the start menu (Once you click "Programs"

chrisleeuk
04-01-2003, 08:44 PM
Icons on the Pocket PC are handled in a similar way to that of the PC with a few annoying exceptions.

Generally most file types are associated with an exe file or a dll. Icons are embedded in the exe or dll which your file types point at.

This information is stored in registry each extension having an entry. (sorry if you already know this)

The problem however on the Pocket PC is that the OS does not recognise ordinary .ico files. The only way you can change the associations is to create a DLL or EXE file with icons embedded in it.

This can be done, but it will require some technical details, ideally you should have some programming knowledge.

I can give you more details if your willing to go down this route.

In answer to the folder related question, No you cannot change the folder icons.

Hope this helps?