View Full Version : Symbol card deciding not to turn on

delfuhd
03-28-2003, 11:29 AM
Hey, I have many WiFi CF cards, but my definite favorite has to be the Symbol 24 bit. It's amazing, and I even enjoy the config menus more than various other cards. But, I was just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing a problem with theirs, if they have one. I insert hte card, and it doesn't turn on. Usually after about the second or third reinsert it comes on and I'm in business, but a lot of times it just doesn't turn on. Any comments, solutions?

dhettel
03-28-2003, 02:25 PM
Sounds like it's time to soft reset your PPC. Your not real clear, but if you insert it, and nothing at all happens, to me that sounds like you have run out of free memory. The drivers can't load.

On the other hand if the drivers display, but the led does not blink, that could be a sign that the card is agout to fail.

David

uvahoos
03-28-2003, 03:41 PM
I insert hte card, and it doesn't turn on. Usually after about the second or third reinsert it comes on and I'm in business, but a lot of times it just doesn't turn on. Any comments, solutions?

This has been happening to me for a while. I have had the Symbol card since October 2001 and have really enjoyed it, but lately I get the same issues as you have. Not sure if it's a function of the Symbol card or the CF slot on my Jornada. I was really thinking it was the latter as it always seemed to happed when I removed a CF memory card and then inserted the WiFi card. I usually just do a soft reset when it happens and all is well.

When it's running, my Symbol has performed flawlessly in both my Jornada 548 and 568. Seemlessly goes between work and home networks.

delfuhd
03-28-2003, 05:29 PM
That's probably what's happening, is that I don't get enough memory to run the drivers. Thanks, and yes, sometimes I do end up just soft resetting it..