View Full Version : Dell Axim X5Intel Expansion.

Lubaxe
03-27-2003, 10:35 PM
All those expansions that come for the ipaq's, are they compatible with dell axims? or no? i was just wondering cause i see so many things for ipaqs and nothign for axims :)

And also i was wondering if there was a difference between windows CE and Microsoft PocketPc 2002, and weather programs can run on both os's.

pocketpcdude1024
03-27-2003, 10:54 PM
CF & SD cards are general use, meaning that they can be used from device to device (including the Axim) However, the sleeves or "sleds" are only compatable with iPAQs.

Pocket PC 2002 is based on Windows CE 3.0, but customized for the Pocket PC screen. As to compatable apps, an app can be developed for a general Windows CE version that is able to be run on any Windows CE device. However, some programs are made specifically for a Handheld PC, Smartphone, or Pocket PC in which there is no platform interoperability. To confuse things further, only ARM applications from Pocket PC 2000 [and Windows CE] are compatable with today's Pocket PCs.

I hope this helps! :D

KiLLiN-TiMe
03-27-2003, 11:01 PM
All those expansions that come for the ipaq's, are they compatible with dell axims? or no? i was just wondering cause i see so many things for ipaqs and nothign for axims

The older ipaq's didn't have any expansion capablities (newer ones have SD and some even have built in wi-fi). No SD slots, No Compact Flash slots. Just the connector on the bottom to sync. So they designed the expansion sleeve so the users could continue to take advantage of things like compact flash cards, modems, wifi, and the likes even though the almost double the thickness of the unit.

The Dell has both a Compact flash slot type I & type II compatible (it can be used for memory, modems, 10/100 network cards, wi-fi cards, blue tooth cards, digital cameras, GPS, micro drives, and VGA converters to mention a few :lol: ) and a SD slot (not an SDIO :cry: so it can only be used for memory) so you allready have what you need to pay extra for with the ipaq.

was there something that you saw that you really wanted? :?:

KiLLiN-TiMe
03-27-2003, 11:02 PM
CF & SD cards are general use, meaning that they can be used from device to device (including the Axim) However, the sleeves or "sleds" are only compatable with iPAQs.

Pocket PC 2002 is based on Windows CE 3.0, but customized for the Pocket PC screen. As to compatable apps, an app can be developed for a general Windows CE version that is able to be run on any Windows CE device. However, some programs are made specifically for a Handheld PC, Smartphone, or Pocket PC in which there is no platform interoperability. To confuse things further, only ARM applications from Pocket PC 2000 [and Windows CE] are compatable with today's Pocket PCs.

I hope this helps!

You must type faster than me!!! :lol:

pocketpcdude1024
03-27-2003, 11:13 PM
You must type faster than me!!! :lol:

I might! It probably took you over 7 minutes to type your reply (which was 7 minutes after my reply) :D

KiLLiN-TiMe
03-27-2003, 11:17 PM
actually UPS was at the door in the middle of my statement.

Yes... Another Toy!!! :mrgreen:

pocketpcdude1024
03-27-2003, 11:29 PM
actually UPS was at the door in the middle of my statement.

Yes... Another Toy!!! :mrgreen:

Sounds like fun. I wish UPS would come to my door more often! 8)