View Full Version : How do I change a file extension in PPC 2002?

Pat Logsdon
03-27-2003, 05:57 PM
OK, I know this is probably a dumb question, but I started copying a movie to my SD card last night, and it never finished. So now I've got a file named ~tarship_troopers.~vi. I can't open it in PocketMVP because it doesn't recognize "~vi" extension, and the "rename" function of both the built in File Explorer and Resco File Explorer 2003 will only rename the name, not the extension.

Anyone know how to do this? I could wait until I go home and change it via the command prompt, but there HAS to be a way to do it on the PPC. Doesn't there? :|

LorryDriver71
03-27-2003, 06:41 PM
Sorry, I don't know, but the subject line says ppc 2003, don't you mean 2002?

Pat Logsdon
03-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Sorry, I don't know, but the subject line says ppc 2003, don't you mean 2002?
Sorry, you're right - I'd just been reading the thread about PPC 2003, and had also been trying to fix the problem in Resco Explorer 2003. So I had "2003" on the brain. :oops:

Eitel
03-27-2003, 07:33 PM
OK, I know this is probably a dumb question, but I started copying a movie to my SD card last night, and it never finished. So now I've got a file named ~tarship_troopers.~vi. I can't open it in PocketMVP because it doesn't recognize "~vi" extension, and the "rename" function of both the built in File Explorer and Resco File Explorer 2003 will only rename the name, not the extension.

Anyone know how to do this? I could wait until I go home and change it via the command prompt, but there HAS to be a way to do it on the PPC. Doesn't there? :|

In Resco FE, go to options, and then to the Browser tab. Uncheck "Hide file extensions". Now, you can change the extension.

Jacob
03-27-2003, 10:29 PM
As a note, from Windows you can browse there and modify the extension through Windows Explorer.

Resco will work fine too with the settings change that Eitel mentioned.

Pat Logsdon
03-27-2003, 10:33 PM

In Resco FE, go to options, and then to the Browser tab. Uncheck "Hide file extensions". Now, you can change the extension.
Thanks, Eitel! That did it!