View Full Version : Slow return from suspend with Nicestart 2

surur
03-27-2003, 03:25 PM
Hi...

I am currently using nicestart 2 with my FSC Loox 600, and have noticed that startup times after suspend (after typing in the password) was as much as 30 seconds, and this was quite predictable.

When I disabled Nicestart and went back to the regular password screen (which is rather ugly unfortunately) it immediately went back to only a second or 2.

I am wondering if I am the only one who has noticed this problem, or if other people have experienced this and found a solution. There is no FAQ on the Nicestart web site unfortunately :(

Thx for your help

Surur

Jason Dunn
03-27-2003, 04:39 PM
Very strange. I don't have a Loox, but I've never encountered this on any of my other devices. I've used Nice Start in the past, and didn't see this problem...I wonder if it's specific to Nice Start + Loox?

NeoAxim
03-27-2003, 04:45 PM
Well I use Nice Start on my Axim and on occasion I notice that after entering the password there is no response. Not so much for any period of time, but rather no response at all.
Obvious correction method - soft reset :wink:
I attributed it to Nice Start because it never happened prior to my installation of Nice Start.

Doesn't bother me much as it happens very infrequently.

Jeff Rutledge
03-27-2003, 05:11 PM
I've never experienced any of these issues.

The only thing I experience is that Nice Start doesn't always activate; I just get the standard password input screen. This is rare though.

NeoAxim
03-27-2003, 05:15 PM
I get the same JR.
I agree that is rare.

Funny part is when that was occurring for me I never had an instance where Nice Start did not respond after inputting a password.

In the last two months or so I have not had a case where NiceStart did not activate after turning on the PPC but now I get the rare "no response".

Well I guess its good it is staying consistent with its inconsistent behavior.

Regardless I think NiceStart is a great app and a value considering the $10 price tag.

Jeff Rutledge
03-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Regardless I think NiceStart is a great app and a value considering the $10 price tag.

Agreed.

Great little app. I've just set it to display the Today Theme as a background. Works like a charm. 8)