View Full Version : Stylus and SD spring

Reinaldo
03-26-2003, 04:15 AM
Hello. I have an iPAQ 3975. The Spring of the stylus is not working properly. As in pull out iPAQ and stylus is out. Sometimes this affects the SD card as well. EX: I can pull stylus out by shaking iPAQ ligthly. Any way to keep Stylus in would be helpful.

I'll make this post longer in a while. Kinda busy.

Cheers!!
Reinaldo

rberry88
03-26-2003, 04:33 AM
I saw a post/article "Tips & How-to's" over at Brighthand.com that addressed this issue. Something about cutting a little notch into a part of the stylus and it would solve the problem. I haven't had a need to try it but it sounded good. No idea on the SD problem though.

rberry

Janak Parekh
03-26-2003, 05:19 AM
I saw a post/article "Tips & How-to's" over at Brighthand.com that addressed this issue. Something about cutting a little notch into a part of the stylus and it would solve the problem. I haven't had a need to try it but it sounded good. No idea on the SD problem though.
You're thinking of the 36xx/37xx units. The 38xx/39xx have a different stylus retention mechanism: they use just friction, and the clicker just pushes it up to make it easier to grab.

Reinaldo, it sounds either like the clicker/spring lock is busted--or you tend to upend your iPaq alot. It's important to note that it's by design that shaking loosens the stylus, although in my 3870 it's a fairly hard shake that does that.

--janak