View Full Version : Synchrologic at Work, ActiveSync at Home?

baker
03-25-2003, 11:42 PM
I'd like to sync my Lotus Notes R5 calendar and to do's and ppc my docs files at (W2K Pro) work while keeping everything (calendar, contacts, todo's, files) sync'd at home on Outlook XP as well. The company I work for supports Synchrologic and is willing to provide this to me. Will trying to sync at home and work get me into trouble? The folks at work aren't sure. At the present time I'm partnered at home and a guest through AS 3.5 at work. I've simply maintained things at home, but would like to avoid having to enter things in LNotes. I've run around the Synchrologic website, but can't find much other than sales information. Could I sync avantgo at work? Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :worried:

Sven Johannsen
03-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Don't know anything about the product but what I read on their site. Here is the piece that helps define things for me Synchrologic Client - The client application makes life simple for end users, providing a single interface for updating their device and managing their connections. It also includes convenient links that make it easy to find the information delivered.

That sounds like a new piece of software is loaded on your PPC, that the server portion supplies info to. It does not sound like it integrates into the Pocket Outlook Suite (contacts, calendar,etc.). So it appears to me your home info, sync'd via AS, would be seperate from your work info sync'd via Synchrologic. That is actually something many folks seem to want.

Sounds to me like your company is quite mobile aware and supportive to provide this capabilty. It is not a incidental offerring, it really required some concerted effort and commitment on their part, since it is really a server based solution.

baker
03-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Sven, thanks for the reply. I turned in the e-form this morning for the ware request. Synchrologic uses the same databases as ActiveSync for POutlook. I can't find anyone to answer about the ppc my docs files. As long as I don't tear up Outlook XP at home, I figure a repair is a short hard reset away.