View Full Version : WISbar, freezing screen, and default . . .

Job
03-23-2003, 08:25 PM
Ok, just as a preface, forgive me if I am asking a question that has already been asked.

1) Does anyone else's screen randomly freeze? The buttons are still working, but I can't use my stylus to navigate. I have heard that something can get under the screen protector (or even off to the side of the screen) that forces continued pressure in that spot, rendering the screen frozen. I am using an Axim with the Dell screen protectors (non-adhesive). If anyone can offer any suggestions, I would appreciate it, as this has become very annoying.

2) Up until just recently, WISbar has worked wonderfully; however, it suddenly decided to no longer drop down the volume slider. Instead, the volume icon simply toggles between on and off. If anyone has had this problem before, please enlighten me.

3) Finally, there has been for some time an icon in my start menu and in the programs menu named "default." Rather than a normal icon pic, it has the blank page with the windows icon in the center. I have tried everything short of tossing my Axim out the window to get rid of it. Anyone?

rave
03-24-2003, 07:01 AM
About the volume control: It's a user-definable setting in WISBar. You can either disable the volume by tap-and-hold, or disable it with a single tap. Look for it in the settings dialog. :)

Job
03-24-2003, 10:46 PM
I am well aware of the settings menu and have been there frequently trying to determine the problem. I don't want the volume to toggle. I want the drop down volume slider.

TheBacklash
03-25-2003, 04:09 PM
do a search for the Default icon... Can't remember where but there was a recent thread on that very same problem.

this thread starts the problem (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10467)

this thread solves it (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10520&highlight=default)

Hope this helps.

Job
03-27-2003, 11:44 PM
Thanks, I think that probably solved it. I had tried deleting it repeatedly in the past, but I recently deleted winampaq as well. So hopefully this round of deletion will take care of the problem.

Now, what about the rest of my problems? Where is the famed PocketPCThoughts community when I need them?

JoeMoon
03-30-2003, 03:34 PM
Ok, just as a preface, forgive me if I am asking a question that has already been asked.

1) Does anyone else's screen randomly freeze? The buttons are still working, but I can't use my stylus to navigate. I have heard that something can get under the screen protector (or even off to the side of the screen) that forces continued pressure in that spot, rendering the screen frozen. I am using an Axim with the Dell screen protectors (non-adhesive). If anyone can offer any suggestions, I would appreciate it, as this has become very annoying.

It is interesting that you mentioned the Dell Axim. I have to reset my Axim at least once a day. I have become so frustrated with the device, I almost wish I didn't get it. I hardly look forward to playing with it cause I know that within 10 minutes I will get a lockup and have to do a reset.

Now, before we jump to what programs am I using, I will say that I had an identical installation of applications and functionality with my Ipaq prior to upgrading to the Axim.

In fact, I had to look something up on my old Ipaq the other day and notice how quick and sensitive the response was from the tapping of the Ipaq compared to the Axim. Sometimes I feel like thrusting the pen tip through the Axims screen to get some reaction from it.

Is anyone else expierencing some similar trouble?

Joe...

rave
03-31-2003, 05:45 AM
I am well aware of the settings menu and have been there frequently trying to determine the problem. I don't want the volume to toggle. I want the drop down volume slider.
Ok, I admit I didn't phrase it well last time. What I was saying was that you can either:

* Toggle the volume by tap-and-hold and bring down the volume slider with a single tap

or:

* Toggle the volume by a single tap and bring down the volume slider by tap-and-hold

You can choose between these two settings somewhere in the settings menu.

Anyway, that's what I can remember when I was using WISBar. Good luck. :)