View Full Version : How can I Activsync using WiFi with h3955?

tregnier
03-22-2003, 01:13 PM
I have a WiFi connection and can use it to browse the web from my h3955 but I can't get it to Activsync. I can't figure out what I might have set wrong or what I should reset.

Thanks in advance!

Steven Cedrone
03-22-2003, 04:15 PM
In ActiveSync (on the desktop) make sure you have a check mark next to "Allow Remote Network (Ethernet) and Remote Access Service (RAS) Servers connection with this desktop computer"

Manually open ActiveSync on your Pocket PC, and try to make a connection...

Steve

Pony99CA
03-22-2003, 04:53 PM
Also check out the "Setting Up a Wireless LAN, Part 2" thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2785&highlight=).

Steve

dhettel
03-22-2003, 08:30 PM
I have a WiFi connection and can use it to browse the web from my h3955 but I can't get it to Activsync. I can't figure out what I might have set wrong or what I should reset.

Thanks in advance!

To surf and ActiveSync you need your settings in Connections set to Work Settings/Work Settings/Work. Then select the center Work settings tap modify... go to the Proxy Settings tab and check this network connects to the internet, the first box. Leave the proxy settings blank if you are not using it.

Download vxutil from http://www.cam.com/vxutil.html and see if you can ping the computer you are activesync to by name. If you can you should be able to sync. If not you may want to get PocketHost another free program that will set up a host file on your PPC.

Hope this helps.

Qman
03-22-2003, 09:25 PM
Ok now can someone explain how this is done with the Pocket PC Phone Edition?

Looking forward to your rplys,
Qman...

dhettel
03-22-2003, 10:51 PM
Ok now can someone explain how this is done with the Pocket PC Phone Edition?

Looking forward to your rplys,
Qman...
Sorry I haven't seen one, But
Start (menu) | Settings | Connections | Connections (icon) | doesn't take you to this page?

David

Johnny Blaze
03-23-2003, 07:18 AM
Also dont forget to open activesync on your PPC and set it up from there also.