View Full Version : Newbie Activesync problem

FieldDoc
03-21-2003, 08:54 PM
Please help me!

I just unwrapped my shiny new Dell Axim X5 today. I charged the battery and installed Activesync. Everything seems fine except I have a strange connection problem.

When I insert my PPC into the cradle - it beeps and the activesync connected screen pops up. It syncs and stays connected for a couple of minutes and then it just disconnects. Sometimes it will reconnect on its own, sometimes when I take the PPC out and reinsert it. Is there some sort of timer at work? I'm sorry but i'm really new to all this and am pretty frustrated.

Help!!!!

FieldDoc
03-21-2003, 09:23 PM
I have noticed that it alternates between saying that the PPC is a guest and my pocket PC - what is going on?

bobkatt
03-21-2003, 10:00 PM
I would recommend you detail, what PC you have and operating system.
This will help diagnose your situation a little better.

before going into the details of your PC, you can make sure your Windows is upgraded with the most recent service releases and also any BIOS upgrades available too.

Then when you connect your PDA, I find that inserting your PDA into the cradle then connecting the USB cable to the PC ensures the most reliable connection with ActiveSync V3.6.

Good luck

Bob

blazingwolf
03-21-2003, 10:46 PM
Please help me!

I just unwrapped my shiny new Dell Axim X5 today. I charged the battery and installed Activesync. Everything seems fine except I have a strange connection problem.

When I insert my PPC into the cradle - it beeps and the activesync connected screen pops up. It syncs and stays connected for a couple of minutes and then it just disconnects. Sometimes it will reconnect on its own, sometimes when I take the PPC out and reinsert it. Is there some sort of timer at work? I'm sorry but i'm really new to all this and am pretty frustrated.

Help!!!!

Go into activesync/options/schedule. Check and see what option you have checked. i leave mine to sync continuesly while connected. I also let it sync every 5 minutes. No problems.