View Full Version : MobileCritics Reviews Access Panel 3.0 by Developer One

Jason Dunn
03-21-2003, 08:57 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.mobilecritics.com/content/software2003/accesspanel/' target='_blank'>http://www.mobilecritics.com/conten...03/accesspanel/</a><br /><br /></div>"If you constantly have to do repeat data entry work on your Pocket PC, Access Panel may be for you. This solution makes entering e-mail signatures, contact information, and other pre-written data simpler than ever. <br /><br />Access Panel isn't your typical application that loads full-screen on your Pocket PC. Instead, it is launched from the input panel, the bottom left corner of your screen, where other data entry tools are located. These tools include: on-screen keyboard, transcriber, block recognizer, and letter recognizer. This suits Access Panel quite nicely, as it truly is a data entry tool which embodies a number of valuable and unique features compared to those usually found in the tools listed above."

Kaber
03-22-2003, 01:11 AM
StarTap used to have a feature like that. Man I miss that.

Gerard
03-22-2003, 03:45 AM
Resco's Keyboard Pro is what I've used for text macros for the past couple of years. It sounds like this one's a lot more complex, offering SIP-access to all sorts of PIM data in a dynamically shifting fashion, while also allowing for static pre-written blocks of frequently used text. Cool, if it's really an easy interface.
With Resco's product one can enter about 100 characters each into 14 tabs, making potentially 1400 characters accessible in only two taps; Fx+macro key. The first 9 or 10 characters of any given string are displayed, making it pretty easy to remember what each one says. I have a few versions of my address information and a couple of signatures with tab spacing, 6 or 7 frequently used HTML strings for image insertion, links, basic layout, tables... and a couple of frequently used passwords of low priority, stuff I could type out but if not using the keyboard it's just faster to enter them this way. Combined with a handy 'paper-tape' calculator, Resco's SIP is a much used feature on both my iPAQ and Casio. Perhaps this one would serve as well, or better.