View Full Version : Video Storage

coldroyd
03-21-2003, 01:23 PM
I want to store video on an expansion card, my dell axim takes mmc, compact flash type II and SD cards, are there any advantages over each type of card
especially for video

Cheers
Chris

blazingwolf
03-21-2003, 02:19 PM
I want to store video on an expansion card, my dell axim takes mmc, compact flash type II and SD cards, are there any advantages over each type of card
especially for video

Cheers
Chris

I wouldn't get a MMC card. You cannot get anything larger than 128MB. What I do is use an SD card for memory so that I can use my CF slot for a wireless card. No real speed advantages for video. I have a 256MB CF card that I put movies on and it works great.

KiLLiN-TiMe
03-22-2003, 12:22 AM
What I do is use a 256 meg SD card that i put all of my programs and day to day stuff on. I also have a 256 meg compact flash card that i use for movies. Then I have a Netgear compact flash 802.11b wi-fi card.
This works great for me because if I want to get online I put in the wi-fi card, and if I want a movie I put in the compact flash. If I'm not in the mood for either I just stick in the plastic cover, however all of my programs are still in place with either option. :mrgreen: