View Full Version : Pocket internet explorer tools not working?

Icebaron
03-21-2003, 01:01 AM
Greetings,
I recently installed pocket internet explorer tools on my ipaq 3955. When I attempt to set the cache size for IE, it appears to keep the setting (if I run IE tools again it still shows my changed value). However, if I soft reset the machine, the value is reset to whatever it was before I changed it. Does anyone have any insight into how I can fix this?

Janak Parekh
03-21-2003, 01:40 AM
Yeah, it seems not to work for me either. It came out around the PPC 2000 days, and doesn't seem to work well anymore. I guess the registry entry has changed; I haven't had time to look it up for PPC 2002, but I'd suspect that one would have to just use a registry editor.

--janak

Icebaron
03-21-2003, 01:57 AM
I searched using PHM Regedit, and the closest-looking key was

HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\current version\internet settings\cache\content\cachelimit

however, changing this key then soft resetting the ipaq produces the exact same problem... the new value is not saved.

Janak Parekh
03-21-2003, 02:10 AM
however, changing this key then soft resetting the ipaq produces the exact same problem... the new value is not saved.
You don't know that. PIE Tools might not be reading the right key in the first place. :)

--janak

Icebaron
03-21-2003, 02:16 AM
You don't know that. PIE Tools might not be reading the right key in the first place. :)

--janak

I'm fairly sure I know that. I manually change the key, reset the ipaq, and immediately run my registry editor again. After reset, the key is changed back to what it was before the manual change.

Janak Parekh
03-21-2003, 02:20 AM
I'm fairly sure I know that. I manually change the key, reset the ipaq, and immediately run my registry editor again. After reset, the key is changed back to what it was before the manual change.
Well, that explains that. Sorry :oops: Anyone else have a clue?

--janak