View Full Version : Disappointing e740

atct86
03-20-2003, 09:31 PM
This is what i sent toshiba:

Dear Toshiba:

I Purchased a new e740 PDA in Janruary from Ciruit City. I made this purchase do to the high ratings on CNET.com and other sites. However, I was soon to be disapointed. After about 2 weeks of moderate use, i noticed that the battery did not last more than 1 hour. It would display %100, and then instantly jump to around %30. I contacted technical support, and they offered some help regarding fully discharging the battery. I did this, and ever since then the previous error has occured about twice a week.
In Addition, ever since my e740 purhcase I thought that the screen sensitivity and alingment were very touchy, and needed to be re-alinged periodically. However recently, when a friend bought an e740 on my recomendation, i realized that there was a problem with my PDA. It seems as though around the edges of the screen that, teh alingmnet is never perfect. I am also always hitting the wrong keyes on the vitual keyboard. At first i thought the screen could be dirty, but it wasn't. Then i tried removing my Toshiba screen protectors, but that just made it worse. This problem is very debilitating and causes great annoyance.
Overall, I am very disapointed in my e740 PDA. I expected a "class leader", but was proved wrong. I tried to return my PDa to Circuit City, howveer they said that I need to return stuff within 30 days. I am very disapointe din my PDA, and a replacement would be appreciated. But, in actuallity i could not go through this again, and i would appreciate help in the process of sending my Unit back, and recieving a refund for the $600 i paid.

Thank You,
Andrew Chudy
[email protected]

dead_smed
03-24-2003, 12:24 PM
sounds good, let us know what kind of reply you get! i've had one or 2 problems with my PDA but none of the ones mentioned above!!!!

hope you get the result you want!

atct86
03-25-2003, 12:07 AM
Toshiba Replied, saying that i could send it in for a free repair any time that i want. Or i could write a letter to Toshiba HQ

kevdawg2003
04-02-2003, 06:42 AM
wow... maybe i shouldnt buy the e740 after all?

ExtremeSIMS
04-03-2003, 05:43 PM
I keep hearing about the battery problems - I have had NO problems with the battery. I have surfed using WiFi, given a presentation, and taken notes during a 3 hours meeting all on one charge.

I have also never had an alignment problem - an issue I have seen with some Compaqs. I think individual units might be screwy.

Good luck!