View Full Version : HELP - Backwards screen on my old 3635

cslaughtermd
03-19-2003, 08:30 PM
6 months or so ago my beloved 3635 slid off my desk and hit the floor :( . The screen and backlight would turn on but the whole thing was black and you could barely make out the images. I figured that I managed to split it between the plates and screw up the LCD for good, so I put it aside, thought about a repair, then found a 3835 with WiFi card on e-bay for $275!
In tinkering with the 3635 I took it apart, looked for loose connections and put it back together and lo and behold, the screen turned on!
But the whole thing is BACKWARDS!
The touchscreen and backlight work fine, but everything is mirror-imaged. I took it apart and checked the wide connector ribbon for the digitizer, the smaller ribbon attachment and the power to the digitizer and everything was connected properly.
Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to fix it?
Thanks!
Clint

victore
03-19-2003, 10:50 PM
does the image right itself when you flex the screen? if so, one fo the pins of the electronics within your ipaq has broken off and needs to be resoldered. i took mine to pocketpctechs.com and they took care of it. http://www.pocketpctechs.com/detail.asp?Product_ID=I36-LCDCONFIXU. can't beat the price!

cslaughtermd
03-20-2003, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but the screen stays backwards regardless of what I do - I'd like to avoid paying to have it fixed (I want to lend it out to some friends to make some new pocketpc converts from palm users).
I'd include a photo but I haven't figured out how to post pics or add in those nifty quotes yet - can anyone give me a quick tutorial?

Any other thoughts regarding the screen?

Thanks,
Clint

Steven Cedrone
03-20-2003, 03:55 PM
Take a look at this page at Pocket PC Techs (http://www.pocketpctechs.com/detail.asp?Product_ID=I36-LCDCONFIX)...

If yours looks like that, you need to get it repaired... :cry:

Quotes: all you need to do is this - instead of hitting reply to a thread, go to the post you want to quote, and hit the "quote" button. That will bring up a window with the first message between QUOTE tags...

As far as attaching images goes: You need to upload them to a host on the web (most isp's allow you some space for files), then use the IMG tag to "point" to your picture. For example: if I have some space on "www.isphost.com" in my personal directory called "steve", and I put a picture on there called "kids.jpg", the IMG tag in my post would look like this:

[img]http://www.isphost.com/steve/kids.jpg[/img]

Hope this helps! If you need any more info, let me know!!!

Steve

Sven Johannsen
03-20-2003, 04:30 PM
You could try selling it on eBay as a left handed version :lol:

cslaughtermd
03-20-2003, 08:32 PM
Interestingly, my screen is horizontally reversed rather than vertically reversed like at the PPC Techs website, I still may end up sending it in to them for a repair.

If they don't buy it as a left-handed version, maybe I can sell it as a rear-view mirror ipaq! :scatter:

Thanks for the help on posting too!
Clint

cslaughtermd
03-20-2003, 08:41 PM
Steve,
Oops - the repair page I checked initially only had a screenshot of the vertically flipped screen but the link you sent had both horizontal and vertical flippage. I guess I'll be packaging it up for a little trip to PPC Techs!
Thanks again