View Full Version : PIE slow?

n2_space
03-18-2003, 09:56 PM
I have a Dell Axim (400Mhz) and I have an 802.11 card. Files, etc transfer quickly, but webpages load sooooo slowly. Any ideas or thoughts? Is this common? I tried to get an answer a while back in the wireless section but didn't get much :( Any help greatly appreciately :)

ramadass
03-18-2003, 09:58 PM
I have the same problem too.

Any ideas?

Jason Dunn
03-18-2003, 10:06 PM
Here's a little secret: the HTML rendering code Microsoft used in Pocket Internet Explorer...SUCKS. It's truly horrific, and there's no fix or solution. However, the good news is that Microsoft KNOWS it sucks and they're doing something about it. I can't say more than that, but be hopeful for the future. :mrgreen:

n2_space
03-18-2003, 10:13 PM
Here's a little secret: the HTML rendering code Microsoft used in Pocket Internet Explorer...SUCKS. It's truly horrific, and there's no fix or solution. However, the good news is that Microsoft KNOWS it sucks and they're doing something about it. I can't say more than that, but be hopeful for the future. :mrgreen:

8) Hopefully I will be able to use the fix on my existing PPC :)

Any alternatives that do run at a "normal" speed? It is so bad I don't even bother browsing :(

PPCRules
03-18-2003, 10:42 PM
I can't say more than that, but be hopeful for the future. :mrgreen:

Can you define 'future'?

Actually, I hadn't really noticed it's slow (Dell 300MHz); I guess I just have low expectations for any browser.

Pat Logsdon
03-19-2003, 01:12 AM
I laughed when I saw this topic phrased as a question. "PIE slow" seems to be in the same league as "ActiveSync Blows" - it's just a given! :razz:

Personally, I've been pretty happy with Thunderhawk. Even plunked down the 50 bucks for it. It loads pretty fast, and the landscape is nice, but if you need to scroll... :zzz: