View Full Version : AHHH, I can't believe I forgot it at home!!!

rberry88
03-18-2003, 07:46 PM
I know this has been said many times but I left my HP5455 at home on its charging cradle this morning. There I was sitting in rush hour traffic on I-290 (Chicago, IL area) and discovered it was still sitting at home. I have been separated from the lonely unit for 4 hours now and I'm lost. I've had to look up 6 phone numbers the hard way so far (411 and internet) and I had one person call me to remind me about an appointment I have tonight that I would have forgotten if not for the call. :really mad:

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. Anyone else really miss their PPC when they don't have it?

rberry88 :boohoo:

ntractv
03-18-2003, 08:07 PM
I too know your pain. I was forced to leave my 3835 home yesterday (had the flu for the past 4/5 days bedridden) because it drained and all info was lost. No point taking it to work with nothing in it. All day I felt like my best friend had been lost.

JackTheTripper
03-18-2003, 09:36 PM
I synch mine at work so no problem.:D

Oh sorry, That's not what you want to hear right now huh. :(

Janak Parekh
03-18-2003, 10:47 PM
Anyone else really miss their PPC when they don't have it?
Nope. I forgot my Palm Pro once years and years ago. Never again. Sorry to hear of your predicament. :mecry:

--janak

Weyoun6
03-19-2003, 12:18 AM
Every once in awhile I forget my PPC. Those days are really, really bad. I am really forgetful, which is why I have a PDA in the first place. I can relate totally.

Pat Logsdon
03-19-2003, 01:05 AM
I did this ONCE, and I will never, NEVER do it again.

<exaggeration>
I was like a madman for the entire day - stopping people in the halls, grabbing them by the arm and saying things like "Do YOU know where I should be now?" and "Do YOU know what I should be doing now?".

My eyes were crazed and bloodshot, and my hands were shaking. I thought that maybe I'd nip down the Franklin-Covey store and pick up a Palm, because a) I needed a fix, and b) those things are only like 20 bucks, right? :twisted:
</exaggeration>

I made it throught the day, but man, it was rough. I was purring like a kitten when I got home, though.

:rawr:

Janak Parekh
03-19-2003, 02:56 AM
I did this ONCE, and I will never, NEVER do it again.
:D

The way I don't forget, btw, is to treat it like my wallet and keys. Before I leave, I always make sure I have my wallet, keys, and Pocket PC (phone). Problem solved. :)

--janak

ironguy
03-19-2003, 10:30 AM
I left my HP568 at home once. There is a thread here if you are interested in the horror stories of others.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8781

I have finally recoverd through intensive PPC therapy including Active Sync withdrawals, re-installation physical therapy, and the hardest, the PI vs AF process. IC vs WIS came in a close second.

SO I'm fully recoverd <twitch>. I hope your trauma <twitch> isn't too great and you can recover quickly. There's no replacing a life with a PPC!