View Full Version : Need Help with Connecting and Operating Bluetooth on H5455

piperpilot
03-18-2003, 05:04 PM
I have owned my 5455 since January. At home, I use the WLAN to connect to my home wireless LAN. It works great and was relatively simple to set up. The bluetooth, however, is a different story. I have a SonyEricsson T68i. I have tried several times to get the phone and my 5455 to recognize each other but to no avail. The instructions that came with the 5455 are useless and the instructions that came with the phone are worse than useless. Can someone give me some idiot-proof instructions to help me set up the connections and use the bluetooth function? I'm getting better at understanding the technology but I would still classify myself as a beginner. Thanks in advance for your help. You guys are the best!

Eitel
03-18-2003, 05:17 PM
First, turn on BT on the phone. Set it up to be always on.

Second, turn on BT on the iPAQ, go to the BT configuration wizard and select to partner with a cell phone. Select the T68i from the list and follow the instructions that are then given, they explain everything in simple words.

Third, after pairing, double click on the T68i-Dialup icon that will appear. Create a new connection using *99***1# (double check the 1# with your provider) as the number. You're done.

piperpilot
03-18-2003, 05:30 PM
I was trying to get the phone to recognize the 5455, so that is probably where I've been going wrong. Will let you know how I make out. Thanks!

piperpilot
03-18-2003, 07:43 PM
:? Well, Eitel, I followed your instructions and had some success--the phone and the H5455 now recognize each other. The dialing process, however, doesn't work. I have it dialing my cell phone number. Is that correct?

Eitel
03-18-2003, 08:54 PM
You didn't say what provider you use. FYI, if you are with AT&T it won't work. AT&T doesn't support CSD (Circuit Switched Data), which is what is needed to make a phone-to-modem connection. With AT&T you can only connect with GPRS.

piperpilot
03-18-2003, 08:58 PM
I am with AT&T, so I guess I'm up xxxx's creek without a paddle, huh?

nik19
08-09-2003, 06:00 PM
First, turn on BT on the phone. Set it up to be always on.

Second, turn on BT on the iPAQ, go to the BT configuration wizard and select to partner with a cell phone. Select the T68i from the list and follow the instructions that are then given, they explain everything in simple words.

Third, after pairing, double click on the T68i-Dialup icon that will appear. Create a new connection using *99***1# (double check the 1# with your provider) as the number. You're done.

Hi.. I'm using the 2215 with the siemens s55. I've set up my phone fine. And I've paired it to the Ipaq. I use *99# (i'm going through WAP using T-Zones with T-mobile) Anyway, I followed the instructions and when I try to go onto the internet, this 'NETWORK LOG ON" screen pops up.

It's asking for my Username (which is somehow filled out) and a password. I know I'm supposedly to leave it blank. So I just hit OK.

Afterthat, I get this 'Cannot Connect for unknown reason..check settings..'
So I check settings.. as i'm hitting 'next' I get to the screen where it's asking for my username and password again. This time, myusername is filled and also the password field with a bunch of **************.
Any ideas?

holo
08-11-2003, 01:52 AM
.........I get the same thing Nik, I hope someone can help as it is indeed extremely frustrating. My connections used to work but now I get the server page and then when moving on I get the same error message.

If I find an answer elsewhere , I will let you know.

Good luck !

holo
08-11-2003, 03:13 AM
nik, i write this from my Ipaq 5550 so i did find an answer.

I needed to re-pair my phone and PDA but had trouble doing so. However i was able to use 'discover' mode rather than pairing and this saw my Ipaq.

I clicked on the Ipaq and added to pairings. I entered 0000 as pass key. I then nominated the phone from my Ipaq and again entered 0000 when pairing. I then got a message advising pairing complete . I then used the wizard on bluetooth internet connections to join in the usual way. When the server screen popped up this time, hitting okay without entering anything worked okay.

Hope that made a little sense, i am still excited about my first GPRS post using a bluetooth connection.

Good luck !