View Full Version : o2 XDA problems

dts_boy
03-17-2003, 04:40 PM
hi, my first post so go easy!
i have got an o2 XDA and its not getting a very good reception. i called o2 and they said that the phone/sim is probably faulty. another issue that leads me to believe that its the phone is every time i do a soft reset, it trys to re-install the Ezos o2 uk provider and then goes on to say it wasn't installed proplerly? is this faulty then :?:

Janak Parekh
03-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Hmm. I don't use the O2 version, but I can speak for the T-Mobile version in that its reception behavior improved noticeably with their ROM update. From what I've heard, though, the O2 version hasn't yet had the ROM update and you can't use T-Mo's.

As for the error on the soft reset, you might want to bite the bullet and try a hard reset. If the error still happens, then you could conclude with some finality that the unit has issues.

--janak

dts_boy
03-17-2003, 07:53 PM
i have already done the hardware reset, does this mean it IS faulty then? :(

Janak Parekh
03-17-2003, 07:53 PM
i have already done the hardware reset, does this mean it IS faulty then? :(
If you get the provider error immediately after a hard reset without installing any problems, I don't see how that's "correct" functionality. :(

--janak

Dhustone
04-03-2003, 12:00 AM
I've got an xda too and after many resets I always get the EZos installer. I just let it do its thang and everything seems OK after that.

I've heard that reception on the xda is not all it could be which earns the makers a waggly finger with a tilted head!

By the way, have you figured out how to get the callers name instead of their number to display on SMS?

Oh, while I'm on a roll, do you also find that you receive SMS's with no notification?

Janak Parekh
04-03-2003, 12:19 AM
I've heard that reception on the xda is not all it could be which earns the makers a waggly finger with a tilted head!
Have you updated the firmware to the latest version?

By the way, have you figured out how to get the callers name instead of their number to display on SMS?
Get this piece of software (http://www.penreader.com/PocketPC/SMS_Name.html) - it's free.

Oh, while I'm on a roll, do you also find that you receive SMS's with no notification?
If Inbox is running, you won't get a notify. Make sure you close it down.

--janak

Dhustone
04-03-2003, 03:38 PM
Janak, you're a hero in your own bathtime!
I've searched for ages trying to find something like this, join my first forum last night and all my troubles are solved.

By the way, where can I update the firmware?

Janak Parekh
04-03-2003, 03:46 PM
By the way, where can I update the firmware?
See my post here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10846). And good luck. :)

--janak