View Full Version : Kind of annoying

delfuhd
03-16-2003, 05:31 PM
Arg 2 posts in a row for me.. oh well. I have an h3850, and when I open up iTask, and click "Close all Tasks," all the tasks close, except for Programs (And Today, but obviously that can't be closed). It's a bit annoying that I can't close the "programs task" unless I soft reset it. It's not a big deal, but I have a friend whom owns an h3970, and the programs task closes on his iTask. I know it sounds stupid, but I figure hp could do something about that. I may sound stupid yes, but this is just me ranting...

Janak Parekh
03-16-2003, 05:39 PM
It's a bit annoying that I can't close the "programs task" unless I soft reset it. It's not a big deal, but I have a friend whom owns an h3970, and the programs task closes on his iTask. I know it sounds stupid, but I figure hp could do something about that. I may sound stupid yes, but this is just me ranting...
Honestly, Programs doesn't eat up any memory, so you could just minimize it and forget it. That said, I never had the problem closing Programs via iTask on my 3870, so it's weird you're having that problem.

If it really bothers you, consider a different task manager.

--janak

Ed Hansberry
03-16-2003, 07:05 PM
Arg 2 posts in a row for me.. oh well. I have an h3850, and when I open up iTask, and click "Close all Tasks," all the tasks close, except for Programs (And Today, but obviously that can't be closed). It's a bit annoying that I can't close the "programs task" unless I soft reset it. It's not a big deal, but I have a friend whom owns an h3970, and the programs task closes on his iTask. I know it sounds stupid, but I figure hp could do something about that. I may sound stupid yes, but this is just me ranting...
"Programs" isn't a task, it is part of the Start Menu. It is just a folder. "Settings" is the same way. It is running all of the time. The only thing you are talking about doing is shutting down the UI, but you aren't going to save any memory by doing that.