View Full Version : Trying to avoid further damage to my screen

netBEUI
03-15-2003, 08:28 PM
Last night I noticed a mark etched on the upper right corner of my screen from all the times I tap there to close/minimize the current app. :x

I'd like to stop tapping that part of the screen to avoid further damage. Just wondering if anyone knows of an app (hopefully freeware) that simply closes whatever screen is currently open. This way I can assign that app to a hardware button and stop damaging the close/minimize area of my screen.

drewperry79
03-15-2003, 08:40 PM
I don't know of any app for that, but here's a neat workaround. Instead of clicking the close button to minimize your programs, you can map a hardware button to <Today> That will essentially do the same thing the minimize button does. It won't actually close your programs, but then again, unless you use a program like Spb Plus (http://www.softspb.com) to replace the Minimize feature with an actual Close, it won't matter. :robot:[/url]

netBEUI
03-16-2003, 01:20 AM
Yeah that's the problem -- I use spbplus because I don't like unneccessary programs running in the background.. :(

Brad Adrian
03-16-2003, 01:34 AM
There's an "old" free application that was written for Pocket PC 2000 called ZapIt! that you can assign to a hardware button or place in your Start menu. Unfortunately, it was created by PDAResources, who has apparently sold its domain name and stopped distributing ZapIt!. Your only hope is to try to find it still sitting on somebody's download server through Google.

wizardmaster2k
03-16-2003, 01:42 AM
ever hear of a screen protector???

netBEUI
03-16-2003, 01:54 AM
Brad - thanks for the helpful reply

Wizard - wow that was helpful

Steven Cedrone
03-16-2003, 02:05 AM
Brad - thanks for the helpful reply

Wizard - wow that was helpful

netBEUI,

I did the work for you! You can find ZapIt here... (http://tucows.mirror.ish.de/pda/wince/adnload/73006_44686.shtml)

Steve

netBEUI
03-16-2003, 08:23 AM
Thanks Steve, I really appreciate it!

redifrogger
03-20-2003, 12:32 AM
Thanks Brad and Steve - I love this free app!