View Full Version : A Challenge for Jason...

pocketdoc
03-15-2003, 06:44 PM
Jason-

Since you are now the proud owner of a V35, could you see if you can get Pocket Hackmaster to work? I have tried the presets and they are not compatble with the device. The increased speed did last for a few minutes, and the difference is quite noticeable.

The next step would be to try the Manual settings, but I have not been brave enough or smart enough to try this. Most of the time, a soft reset is required, but sometimes a hard reset is necessary. I figured that since you are so savvy with PPCs that it wouldn't be too hard for you.

Thanks and good luck. :D :D

(Anton with PHM is very supportive, and has a great product.)

patwoods
03-17-2003, 03:32 PM
Jason-

Since you are now the proud owner of a V35, could you see if you can get Pocket Hackmaster to work? I have tried the presets and they are not compatble with the device. The increased speed did last for a few minutes, and the difference is quite noticeable.

The next step would be to try the Manual settings, but I have not been brave enough or smart enough to try this. Most of the time, a soft reset is required, but sometimes a hard reset is necessary. I figured that since you are so savvy with PPCs that it wouldn't be too hard for you.

Thanks and good luck. :D :D

(Anton with PHM is very supportive, and has a great product.)

I picked up PocketXScaleCtrl ($3.50!) and have had no problems at 352, I had HackMaster but it locked me up and actually needed a hard reset. I am happy with PXSC at the moment, and for the price it can't be beat.

pocketdoc
03-17-2003, 04:51 PM
patwoods -

I assume that you use this program on a V35? This is the first response I have found from a V35 user on any overclocking program.

Thanks for the tip. I will try it. Does the program have a preset, or are there manual settings?

patwoods
03-17-2003, 06:40 PM
patwoods -

I assume that you use this program on a V35? This is the first response I have found from a V35 user on any overclocking program.

Thanks for the tip. I will try it. Does the program have a preset, or are there manual settings?

There are two versions: Lite and Advanced. The lite version basically lets you choose a speed, that's it. 352 worked fine for me, and things felt faster. 398 locked me up.

I am using the advanced version now, but still have not found the holy grail of settings that allow 398 to work without freezing up..