View Full Version : 3950 ROM 1.10 Upgrade Problem

Palmguy
03-15-2003, 05:18 PM
Ok, I just ran the upgrade on my 3950, and I was a bit confused at the end. It said to turn the battery off, which you can't do on the 3900 series. So I didn't. Now I get a message a reset "Can not find cflashman.exe or aflashman.exe". What happened???

Sheynk
03-15-2003, 06:05 PM
just follow ever word during the prosses... they tell u everything

Janak Parekh
03-15-2003, 08:14 PM
Just to explain a bit more -- once you do the ROM upgrade you're supposed to do a hard reset. The hard reset on the 38xx, 39xx and 54xx units works by "disconnecting" the battery for a minute. The desktop should have told you the exact mechanism (hold the outermost buttons and push the reset momentarily; hold the outermost buttons until the screen starts to fade; let go, wait 60-90 seconds and push reset again).

I'm almost certain those errors are being generated by the fact you didn't hard reset.

--janak

Sheynk
03-15-2003, 08:42 PM
Just to explain a bit more -- once you do the ROM upgrade you're supposed to do a hard reset. The hard reset on the 38xx, 39xx and 54xx units works by "disconnecting" the battery for a minute. The desktop should have told you the exact mechanism (hold the outermost buttons and push the reset momentarily; hold the outermost buttons until the screen starts to fade; let go, wait 60-90 seconds and push reset again).

I'm almost certain those errors are being generated by the fact you didn't hard reset.

--janak

yup

Palmguy
03-16-2003, 01:36 AM
Thanks a lot both of you.

I was a bit tired when I ran the update this morning, so I didn't read everything how I should have. Ran the update again and everything is great now. Thanks!

Palmguy
03-16-2003, 01:40 AM
It seems I spoke a bit too soon.

Everything was fine, and then I ran restore (I had a SD backup file) and same thing... :(

Steven Cedrone
03-16-2003, 01:43 AM
It seems I spoke a bit too soon.

Everything was fine, and then I ran restore (I had a SD backup file) and same thing... :(

If you did a full restore, you are copying files from the older version of the ROM over the newer versions...

Your best bet is to rebuild your device (re-load each app, after ROM update)...

Only restore your data...

Steve

Palmguy
03-16-2003, 04:27 AM
I was afraid of that... :?

It's gonna be a LONG night!

Steven Cedrone
03-16-2003, 04:34 AM
The first thing you do when you are done rebuilding: make a full backup of your device!!! At least you will have a fresh "Restore" point for this version of the ROM...

Try to have a good night... :wink:

Steve

Janak Parekh
03-16-2003, 05:28 AM
I was afraid of that... :?

It's gonna be a LONG night!
Don't worry, you'll get quick at it before long. I can now rebuild my Pocket PC in 1-2 hours. It's also worth it - it'll get your PPC back in top shape. :)

--janak

StPatrick
03-16-2003, 06:37 AM
I have 3950 too and upgraded to 1.11 with no problems. In 1.11 upgrade there was no "battery off" but twice hard resets. Maybe they meant hard reset?