View Full Version : mini Net stumbler

rzanology
03-14-2003, 04:53 PM
Does any one out there use mininetstumbler? If so, does your copy work fine? I don't think mine works. When i use the default softwear that came with my netgear, it pics up AP's fine and it also gives me a list of AP's in the area, as well as signal strength. But even when the default softwear picks up a network, netstumbler will not. Does any one else have this problem? netstumbler seems to be a very feature rich program...now only if i can get it to work.

lipinski77
03-14-2003, 05:30 PM
I believe that mini stumbler only works with the Gold/Silver Orinoco wireless pc cards. They have not added support for any other wireless adapters. Try out these other wireless programs. They do much of the same with more support.

Pocket WiNC (http://www.cirond.com/site/products/wifispotter)

or

Pocketwarrior (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pocketwarrior)

I have tried both but neither work with my Symbol wireless card. They do have support for many others including the internal cards of the E740.

rzanology
03-14-2003, 05:39 PM
thanks....i look that up

Alexzander
03-29-2003, 06:48 PM
I have Dell Axim and Belkin CF card.
MiniStumbler will not find the card.
WiNC finds card sees Ap's then locks up Unit.
Pocket Warrior works pretty good.

that_kid
03-29-2003, 07:40 PM
I believe that mini stumbler only works with the Gold/Silver Orinoco wireless pc cards. .
Correct, it only works for lucent based chipsets and I'm not sure if they are going to expand it for other chipsets.

dhettel
03-30-2003, 05:31 AM
I believe that mini stumbler only works with the Gold/Silver Orinoco wireless pc cards. .
Correct, it only works for lucent based chipsets and I'm not sure if they are going to expand it for other chipsets.

Actually it only works on Hermes based chip sets with older drivers. The newest drivers (from Hp) will break it.

David

grohl
03-31-2003, 02:06 AM
Hey lipinski, since Socket released their new drivers, WinC now works, and :twisted: works well.

Haven't tried PocketWarrior with the new drivers yet...

The new software that comes with the drivers is nice, check it out.

lipinski77
03-31-2003, 04:00 PM
I have love my symbol card but wish that more apps had support. Why has symbol not updated there driver in such a long time. :evil:

It may be time to more on to another card. I was actually thinking about getting a socket card since it is the exact same size!

Ramin
04-03-2003, 10:09 AM
I have love my symbol card but wish that more apps had support. Why has symbol not updated there driver in such a long time. :evil:

It may be time to more on to another card. I was actually thinking about getting a socket card since it is the exact same size!

Why not just use the new Socket drivers which works for the Symbol card also?

lipinski77
04-03-2003, 03:12 PM
I can't believe that worked. :multi: I never thought about using the socket drivers for the Symbol card. Thanks Ramin